August 10, 2023

ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS FOR CREATING A FALL VIGNETTE

FALL is coming....I promise you....
Fall is my favorite season of them all....
It's football season, time for chunky throws, evenings by the fire,
hot apple cider in a beautiful pottery mug, bringing out your cardigans
and warm socks...what's not to love?

The fall season marks the beginning of celebrations,,they will
carry us right through to the New Year.
I begin to move through the house with my mind
full of thoughts on what each room will look like
and how I can pull together vignettes that we will enjoy
each and every day.
There is an art to putting together a cohesive vignette,
so I thought it would be nice to share how
I personally go about the process of creating a seasonal look
here at Estelle's. 

Choosing a Color Palette

First and foremost, it's necessary to decide on your color palette
which you are drawn to for the season.
Then begin to gather items that reflect those particular colors.



Incorporating Natural Elements

I always use leaves in my fall décor
it's the standout natural element of the autumn season,
other than the pumpkin~
But of course, there are others such as pinecones, acorns
and wheat bundles....



The Primitive décor piece of Indian Corn

I simply adore dried Indian Corn...it's naturally beautiful
and purchase a bundle every year..
looks beautiful in a wooden dough bowl.....


Choosing the right textures

Cozy textures are so important....soft woolen pumpkins
are the best choice for the type of vignettes I create,
rather than new faux pumpkins that have a bit of a sheen to them.


Incorporating generational heirlooms

If you have read my blog for these past years,
you know how I love to incorporate heirlooms
which have been passed down from my grandparents...
it's their meaning of love and remembrance and to feel
we always have them with us....


The Importance of Creating Layers

When you are designing a table or sideboard,
keep in mind how important it is to "layer your design"...
scour your cupboards to pull out forgotten pieces
which could be trays, scarves, linens, candlesticks,
tea cups, vintage silver...there is a plethora of possibilities....

Above all else, embrace your own creativity.
Your home reflects your personality...
if you enjoy celebrating your everyday living and family,
then I am certain it's going to be beautiful!



5 comments:

  1. Fall is my very favorite season, too. I am trying to hold onto summer just a bit longer this year. I feel like I got cheated out of it a bit. Your post is wonderful...and makes me feel homey and cozy feelings. Have a wonderful day-trying to get back to blogging a bit here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your elegant way of decorating and the thought you put into doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful ideas you've shared, Betsy. You're right, I think it starts with the colors. I love how you use your treasured items from grandparents and loved ones to put into your decorating. I have some antique candle stick holders from my grandmother, and want to do something with them this Fall. I've never used the Indian corn, but it looks so appealing to me on this post. And Yes, always leaves. ; ) The warm blankets is a must too. You have given me some inspiration here today, thank you. Those soft pumpkins are so cozy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very inspirational decorating post - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, I like the stack of throws. So nice to have around to keep the chill off. Hope you are keeping cool there. It's been a scorcher of a summer. Mid 80's makes me toasty, do not know how everyone is dealing with triple digits. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.