August 14, 2023

AUTUMN TOUCHES...THE FALL SEASON DECORATING HAS BEGUN

 Good Morning to everyone.....
how I love that you stopped by Estelle's today..
yes, we still have triple digit temps and the long
HOT month of August continues to stretch before us.
I was finding it hard to think about the fall season,
but then this feeling came across me that started
the wheels in motion to begin deep cleaning and clearing
spaces for a new look of Autumn touches.....



and you know what?
It felt marvelous.......



Now there is nothing over the top here...
just a clean space and small little reminders of the new season....
pretty paper napkins and a favorite cookbook.....



Okay....I fell in love with this pottery bowl which I found at our grocery,
believe it or not....oh that color had me at hello....



A simplistic centerpiece for the farmhouse table....



I placed all the fall florals out on the dining table and sorted
them in bundles and colors....
I wanted to created an arrangement for the mantle and thought 
about a pitcher I had not used in a while which was perfect for this look....



Then added a few pumpkins...
I am using very soft, neutral colors this year....
and I am finding these textures and subdued colors rather eye pleasing and comforting.



And.....lastly added the new inspiration art for this years mantle....
a lovely Primitive Canvas which conveys the message of the harvest season.....



This is the exact color I wanted for a new throw near the hearth.....
I am really excited to see how this fall look evolves.....



I pulled out my favorite little area rug to place in the foyer
under our antique plant stand.
I simply LOVE the colors in this Threshold rug.



I made a delightful little trip to Hobby Lobby the other weekend,
which actually is my annual visit each July, and just picked up 
a few items I wanted...
I adore the velvet pumpkin stems and have them in several colors....
this year, I selected the creamy ivory and this beautiful olive green!


These are the colors I chose for the formal dining room....so autumnal....


Little Lucy....Lucy Lu...Juicy Lucy...AKA.. Lucy Louisa Merriweather....


A perfect fit.....



Oh yes....WE LOVE LUCY!

8 comments:

  1. I love your Lucy, TOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA..thank you Linda...she is precious and it's like having a very active toddler in the house.....I am loving your fall posts...begging for more!

      Delete
  2. Great photos. I always love seeing the pictures on your header. Shiny apples in that pretty bowl, yes that says autumn to me. Lucy is a pretty fur ball. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie...I'll just bet you are seeing signs of fall up your way....I know it's going to be a beautiful season for you....warm hugs!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I loved everything about this post, Betsy. Those velvet pumpkins are delightful, and I really like the green ones. Would not have thought to use the green in Fall. Isn't Hobby Lobby the best? Your mantel looks very nice, and the primitive art piece goes well with the season. The floral arrangement you made is so pretty. And I love that green pottery bowl. Green seems to be a good color for Fall, which I should include a few pieces myself. I look forward to seeing more of your Fall posts and getting great ideas. Lucy looks very comfy in your bowl. She is becoming part of the family. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sheri..you are certainly kind with your comments...I loved having you visit...hope your week is a good one!

      Delete
  4. Oh you had me at the pottery bowl filled with apples!! Apple strudel, apple pie, apple turnovers...I love apples! Everything is just lovely. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan...I am so happy you stopped by today....you certainly have made ME hungry with all the terrific fall apple desserts....we need to start baking don't we? I so hope you will enjoy a lovely autumn season coming up!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.