August 18, 2023

DINING ROOM DRESSED FOR FALL

Good Morning to all my Kindred Fall Spirits....
I am so glad to hear from you today....
I know, I know....you may be finding it hard to get in the mood
for fall decorating, but for me. it has helped set the stage
and say goodbye to this HOT summer season....
Y'all come on in and take a little tour of our dining room
which reflects some favorite décor pieces for this upcoming season....



I have so loved having this bar cart which was an addition
about one year ago...it's a functional and beautiful piece
that adds a touch of elegance to this corner.



At anytime, if you are in the mood for a cocktail,
you can help yourself to anything you might enjoy.....



You will enjoy the little touches of fall on each level....


Gosh, I enjoy my little collection of velvet pumpkins....
I have ordered mine from my Etsy shop of
"Your  Hearts Content"



For the buffet, I wanted to display my small
collection of JOHNSON BROTHERS....this platter
belonged to my Mother, which I so treasure and love...
and yes, that is a Santa right there...
we will talk about him later.....



I grew up with Friendly Village on our dinner table and it holds
a special place in my heart....I believe Mother gave her set away
many years ago...gosh I wish I still had it...however,
I have added certain serving pieces I thought were special
over time and just adore them....teacups, a serving bowl
and a lovely cake stand....I think for Christmas,
I will bake a Sour Cream Coconut Cake and serve it
on this cake stand.....



I wanted everything to provide a vintage vibe this year...
and I decided to add a touch a artwork in this vignette....
I added this beautiful piece of art entitled
Golden Autumn Splendor....very vintage and somewhat romantic....


This elegant piece, belonged to Grandmother Estelle.....
she was an avid antique collector and this piece is
just stunning...I added this to the buffet, along with 
some gorgeous harvest potpourri.....



Okay....what about Santa you ask?
Well, this Santa is one of my favorite Jim Shore pieces...
He is large and just stunning....I keep him out on the buffet...his home....
I feel he pairs beautifully with the Johnson Brothers, so here he stays....
as a gentle reminder, we are celebrating the Holiday Season.....



And finally....my newest find....
I was on the hunt to find a vintage turkey planter
for holding my grandmother's unique collection of serving spoons..
each different and engraved...and I purchased this gorgeous
fella on Ebay for $3.99...don't you think he's handsome?
I am thrilled with this purchase....

I have yet to decorate the dining room table, 
but I think I know what I am going to use.....
stay tuned....


And I end this post, with Little Lucy....she is a gift from God....
our hearts needed joy again ....
I hope each of you, share a passion in dressing your home for the fall season....
it's a feeling you will enjoy each and everyday.....hugs and blessings
from our home...to yours....




7 comments:

  1. Another wonderful Autumn post. I am starting to get in the mood to change my decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you have little Lucy in your lives. She's just adorable! I also have a set of Friendly Village dishes that I display at Christmas. I like to change our dishes with each season, but now you have me thinking about using them throughout the year. I love your Santa! You are so blessed to have so many beautiful things from your Grandmother. My kids don't want any of my things, but maybe some day my grandkids will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking beautiful and elegant!! LOVE the Santa!!! September is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is filled with such wonderful things - texture and colour! I love Jim Shore Santas and have a couple myself. I also love those Johnson Brothers plates. Many people aren't wanting to keep their china sets and the young people don't want them at all, but you show how special they can be. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous scene you’re setting!!! I’m slowly headed in the direction of fall decor. But to tell ya the truth, until this 109 degree weather (yesterday) calms down….so will I. Have had grands for the past 3 weekends in a row and more coming today…which is proving to me how this old body has started to ache. I’m exhausted!!! ( had 4 of them for 8 days and nights last week😳). Love em to death not mad about them getting back into school routine!!!
    I usually start with my front porch and gate to our property on Labor Day weekend…and that always makes me happy with a peaceful soul about upcoming change in temps and beautiful fall colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely things on here today. I really like that painting, the colors are perfect for Fall. I like the Friendly Village pieces too, and they must bring back memories for you being on the table growing up. Oh, those velvet pumpkins are my favorite - your orange one is pretty. I have a blue one that I put out each year. I bought a bird painting yesterday with blues and browns, and that's a good place to start. I usually like the oranges, but like you, it's nice to have different tones with each season. Your grandmother's piece is a treasure. And that turkey is very cute. Your dining room looks so charming and welcoming, Betsy, and I can't wait to see more! Hello there Lucy. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, Betsy! I love Johnson Brothers and Friendly Village! I have many modern dinner plates with of that Pattern but would love to find some vintage serving pieces! Oh, and your turkey is darling! What a great use for him!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.