August 24, 2023

CABBAGE CASSEROLE....A SOUTHERN FAVORITE

In the South, there are certain foods we are known for....
and Southerners especially love their casseroles...
WHAT A DELIGHFUL DINNER we had this week of pork chops,
creamy mashed potatoes and this delicious cabbage casserole, with
garden fresh tomatoes on the side.....
This casserole is a favorite of ours and will probably become
a family favorite at your house.....



Ingredients
One small head of cabbage
1 medium Vidalia or yellow onion, sliced thinly
1 T. butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup mayonnaise

Topping
One sleeve of Ritz crackers, crumbled
4 T. melted butter



Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Coarsely chop the cabbage and layer in a casserole dish.
Top cabbage with thin onion slices.
Season with salt and pepper.
Melt 4 T. butter and spoon over the cabbage and onion slices.
Mix soup with mayo and spoon over the veggies.
Top with buttery crackers.







Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.




It's gonna be so good y'all!



3 comments:

  1. I'm from the deep South (Alabama, now living in Va.) and I have never had this cabbage casserole. It looks so divine.. how have I not ever made that. I had the recipe and just yesterday was doing a little 'downsizing' and threw that recipe away. Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happen to have a head of cabbage in the fridge so I am making this for dinner tomorrow night! Thank YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A favorite around here!!! I always add a lil chopped fried bacon to it too. Hmmmm....need to go get some cabbage.....our garden had completely dried up in this heat.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.