July 7, 2023

FALL INSPIRATION FOR THE HOME AND A VINTAGE APPLE CAKE

Hey Y'all.....
come on into Estelle's today and let's
talk about the fall season....
no....it's not too early to dream about the most
wonderful time of the year and gather some ideas
as to what we want to do as far as decorating and home décor
in just a few months....
I selected some marvelous ideas that will put you in the mood
for creating an inspiration board for Autumn....
let's get started......thank you Pinterest!


Oh, how I love these colors....
this was thinking outside the box and how beautiful this would look
as you think about your front porch this year......
I can even imagine this display for a fall wedding....


I am totally in love with this front porch....
the opulent arrangement...
the whiskey barrel and that beautiful pumpkin,
not to mention the huge jack O' lantern....
just stunning......



I fell in love with this front entrance....
reminds me a lovely home found in Cape Elizabeth or
even over in Vicksburg, MS.


This front porch reminded me very much of my grandmother's..
I can just hear the creaks in that wood floor and the smell of
woodsmoke in the wind.....


How perfect is this outdoor fireplace....
many of the homes in our neighborhood feature
outdoor fireplaces....just stunning
for a fall evening of relaxing with a glass of wine
and a cozy blanket....



This store reminded me so much of shopping
in Kennebunkport....it's time for sipping
hot apple cider and browsing around until your heart is content!



Now, turning our thoughts to our family rooms....
what colors are you drawn to for throw pillows and soft, cozy throw blankets...
I adore the neutrals and pops of deep rust....



And, last but certainly not least...we come into the heart of our homes....
the kitchen...this is sheer perfection of autumn cozy......



We need to include a classic recipe and you can never
go wrong turning to TASTE OF HOME for something
delicious and prize winning....
I chose to include a family favorite apple cake for this post
which is all about the upcoming fall season....



It's a great beginning for putting us in the mood to dream......

10 comments:

  1. Oh Betsy, I absolutely loved this post. No, it's not too early to think about Fall. The stores will start putting things out real soon. And it's my favorite season, so I just loved all these ideas you shared. That front porch is so charming with the lights and the pumpkins and the lanterns and the wreath. That store looks like it would be fun to browse in. And that last photo with the kitchen, the heart of the home, is my favorite. I loved everything about it. There's just something about blue in the home that makes my heart smile. Thanks for sharing these lovely ideas. Grandma Merle's apple cake looks moist and Yummy. And I'm very familiar with Chico, CA, and actually not too far from the town. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your visit today Sheri....I have started a new fall collection and cannot wait to begin the season of Autumn.....don't you just love a cottage style kitchen....so glad you enjoyed the post and will enjoy some fall inspiration...warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. My favorite season! I love all the photos! What beauty we have to look forward too! Thanks, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all beautiful aren't they Deanna....you will see fall arrive before we do and how wonderful to anticipate all the gifts the season brings us....thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  3. What a fun post - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan....so glad you visited today..hope you are enjoying your summer and looking forward to the fall season!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for posting this recipe. I can hardly wait to make it. Of course I need an occasion, otherwise I would bake it and eat it a little bit every night until it was gone . . . not good for the old hips, if you know what I mean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie...I would probably wrap up in one of your beautiful quilts and enjoy a piece of this apple cake....sounds delightful...hope you are doing well!

      Delete
  5. I am just chomping at the bit to put all my fall things out and intend to have it all done by September First!
    We just had a new roof put on so I will be painting the porch and and front of the house before I decorate - so it will be like having a fresh canvas to work with!
    For this spring and summer I have used a lot of yellow for the very first time. I did not know I would love it so much!! Blue is my least favorite color....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m not waiting till Fall to make that cake…no ma’am!!! Love moist apple cake and that one looks perfect. How ‘bout I make it a few times just to practice up for fall?? 😋😜
    SO ready for this summer to be done…over it, I tell ya!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.