April 3, 2023

EASTER TREATS


Hello Loves....
are you busy planning your Easter gathering?



We made a Sunday morning trip to Trader Joe's and I came
away with a basket full of goodies along with these
gorgeous Daffodil bulbs....so excited to add these
to Mae's garden.......

I did want to make a few special treats for
the Easter celebration!
We've made Easter Rice Krispie Treats....
WhiteLily Pound Cake with Vanilla Glaze...
and
Italian Easter Bread!
 

Who doesn't love Rice Krispie Treats?
I made these with pastel marshmallows and sprinkles!


Let me tell y'all...this is SO GOOD!



This comes with a glaze and it's delicious....
drizzle over a warm cake right out from the oven.....


Beautiful isn't it?



Oh my, the family gave this a test taste while it was still warm from baking
and it made the hit parade....y'all will love this mix!


And....my Italian Easter Bread...my very first time making this....
this was really fun and not the easiest to make....but success!
I used a combination of Vanilla, Lemon and Anise Oil....
I dyed the eggs, which are not hardboiled, the Martha Stewart way...
this recipe calls for raw eggs as they will cook while the bread is baking....
I loved the entire experience of Easter baking this year.....
hope you were inspired to bake some treats for your family too!





5 comments:

  1. Lovely and tempting... Looks as if you had some fun times in your kitchen. A blessed week to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Betsy, this all looks so pretty and tasty!! I love anything with a vanilla glaze!! :D I've seen a recipe for the Italian Easter bread, and it does look time-consuming. Yours turned out lovely. It's so nice that you are planting a special garden for Mae; she was such a big part of your lives.

    Wishing you a blessed Holy Week, Betsy.

    Love,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't made Rice Krispie Treats in years! Think I will be making a batch the way you did for this Saturday when we are at the ranch. Our friend Rosey is joining us for a cookout and a campfire and a good long visit!!
    I made Easter Bread for years and years. Now just occasionally ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, the white pound cake with the glaze looks incredible! I like the brown dish you put it in also, so pretty. I had a blog friend who is Italian and made this Italian Easter bread every year. And who doesn't love Rice Krispie Treats? Everything looks so Yummy, and you put so much thought and effort into all the goodies you bake. They turn out wonderfully.

    Happy Easter, Betsy. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun recipes. That pound cake looks amazing...and so does the bread! All the kids always loved Rice Krispy Bars and I used to add chunky peanut butter . Not doing much here this year as we are heading to my daughter's house for Easter (7 hour drive) but made a stop at the famous Seerogy's Chocolates--famous around here anyway! I will be the hit of the show when I bring that stuff out. lol
    Have a beautiful, blessed Easter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.