October 14, 2022

CREAMY STOVETOP RICE PUDDING

Good Morning loves....
I so hope you have all had a good week
and I am just thrilled you came back for a visit
to Estelle's before starting your weekend.

The days are growing shorter and the nights are becoming cooler.
I have gazed out the windows so often during the day to
catch the leaves falling....isn't that sight magnificent?

Today I have a recipe to share that will warm your heart and
also your tummy...it was a favorite of my Daddy's and
is just about perfect for a cold Autumn evening.......

 

This is a pretty easy to make rice pudding that is creamy
and laced with cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.....a true southern classic!
I add golden raisins to ours, but you can easily omit these if
you prefer your rice pudding without raisins.



Stovetop Rice Pudding
3 1/2 cups whole milk
2 T. butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup of uncooked white rice
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
sprinkling of golden raisins
2 T. heavy cream


In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, rice, salt and cinnamon.
Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring frequently....do not cover.
Once the rice pudding has thickened, add vanilla and raisins
and the heavy cream....remove from heat and spoon into serving bowls or ramekins.
Mixture will continue to thicken as it cools....
You can serve this while still warm, which is what we prefer
or also chilled.


This is a heavenly, comfort food sweet ending which
I know your family will love!

7 comments:

  1. I love rice pudding and haven't made it in ages! Thanks for the recipe. Love your pretty banner with touches of Fall! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh-oh...I think I lost that comment... I'll wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...just as I suspected, but I was right at the very end so had
    fingers crossed.

    Rice pudding always sounds so good. My mother loved it.
    When I balked about trying it, she never wasted any on me. These
    days, I must be careful so it is doubtful that I'll try it unless someone
    else makes it. Too dangerous for me to have a batch. Course I could
    experiment with cutting back the recipe.

    The baked eggs were wonderful! I really enjoyed them for a change
    of pace.

    Thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my!! I love rice pudding and haven't made it in a very long time! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I must make it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH- I have not made rice pudding in ages. I LOVE it but no one else in my family liked it so I kind of quit making it. My father absolutely LOVED it. I hope you have a great Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE rice pudding. I haven't had it in awhile, but sometimes buy it at the store. Your warm recipe sounds so much better. My son cooks a lot, so I'll mention it to him. I think the cinnamon, nutmeg, and golden raisins add something extra to the recipe. Thanks for sharing. And your photos display the rice pudding wonderfully. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.