February 7, 2022

A WINTER WOODLAND TABLESCAPE

The way a table is set contributes to the ambiance
of the meal as much as the food and wine.
The very first thing we must do is...Choose a Theme!
Then select the tableware, linens and glassware.
And try adhering to the "three colors" rule of thumb......

If you mix patterns, make sure they have a similar
color palette and that the colors compliment one another.

This particular family dinner is to welcome
our daughter and grandson home for a visit
so the feel and look will be casual, whimsical and welcoming!


We are going to use a basic ivory dinner plate 


and accent the place setting
with these beautiful canape plates.
Do they look a bit like Christmas?
Yes they do...but that's exactly what I wanted since
we could not celebrate Christmas together......
The Winter Woodland theme I chose was going
be a bit "holiday-ish"....


In addition to the somewhat woodland, rustic theme of this tablescape,
I wanted to incorporate pine cones.....


The table linens I am using include this lovely
table runner


Layered on top of a navy plaid woolen scarf

I am working on the centerpiece which will be 
"winter and nature inspired"...a touch of primitive, if you will.


The dinner menu is designed to be the best of comfort food....
As the temperature drops and the night grows dark,
the aromas of a comforting winter meal welcomes home
weary travelers.....
Roast Chicken, Creamy Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole
and homemade dinner rolls......
Dessert will be Chocolate Lava min-cakes with
a scoop of Butter Pecan ice cream.....

Postscript~


Okay....here's the thing about creating and designing....you can easily
change your mind on what works and what doesn't!
I changed the woolen scarf, the glassware and the napkins
that I was originally going to use.......



I love the pine/berry frosted pine picks used
to accent the Ball Jars...
very reprehensive of winter woodlands...


And, of course, a gorgeous Buck in the very center!



I also added one of my all time favorite
Bath and Body candles...gosh I love this one!



I really love this....
I  think they will too!


There is nothing better for the soul than to
come home....





8 comments:

  1. Love it all! From the welcoming tablescape with just a hint of Christmas as a nod to what was missed to that delicious meal. It will be wonderful to gather around your table.

    (Did autocorrect strike again?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty, pretty wintery table, Betsy. Just gorgeous! I hope you have a great week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to welcome home your family. I think you are The Queen of Cozy! Your table is beautiful (I love your Christmas dishes) and your menu sounds delicious. Your header picture of the snowy red barn scene looks just like our road did over the week-end. It was especially stunning with the sun shining making the tress look like glittering crystals. God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, I adore the table setting. You certainly have great ideas. I always imagine your home smelling wonderful. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. just loving it ALL! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! So pretty! Have a wonderful time with the Duke and his Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about it. I have a friend whose son is getting married in June with a woodland theme. I think your little mason jar with the rocks and candle would be so pretty on their tables. Next time I see her I'm going to show this post to her.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.