January 1, 2022

WINTER'S SEASONAL DETAILS, plus CRABMEAT SOUFFLE'

Winter gatherings.....


Are you planning on getting cozy while watching the snow fall
gently outside or getting all dressed up for a festive party?
No? Well, I don't think that's in my plan either!
But, we can still bring a bit of special touches into our homes, can't we? 

We have all been gifted a brand new year......here we come 2022!
I hope we find ourselves in a kinder and gentler world......
I fell in love with these beautiful dinner napkins
from Hester and Cook...perfect for a New Year's Eve cocktail!


I wanted to share this adorable little wool lamb I purchased
from Target this year.....
Their line of The Wondershop always has such cute Christmas dรฉcor!


This was a small candle I added from
Magnolia Hearth and Hand.....
the scent is Smoked Woods!


Winter is the season I bring out
my Johnson and Brothers china...
these are part of The Ice House collection
from Friendly Village.


Isn't this beautiful for the Winter season?


For some reason, this little winter scene of the ice skater
remined me of Grandmother Estelle during her winter's
in Ohio, so it really called my name...


As did this lovely stoneware mug...
I adore the elegant simplicity of this mug,
so I plan on using this through the end of February!


Did you enjoy a cup of Eggnog over the holidays?
It's never too late to pick some up and spike
it with a touch of Rum or Bourbon...divine!



I did make the Betty Crocker Christmas Celebration Cake
which was such fun to make!
This is a chocolate fudge cake with marshmallow frosting
garnished with sugared cranberries and fresh rosemary!


This is quite delicious and so easy to make!
I added this recipe to my Holiday Binder, it's a keeper!


Once the children have grown-up, we all love receiving new
Pajama's on Christmas Eve!
I simply love my new silk PJ's, and we all received
socks, slippers and a beauty/bath item....


mine was a gorgeous bar of Rose Petal scented soap


I ordered this new puzzle for the darling and me....
I kept it to a 300 piece to ensure I could actually finish it!
Darling isn't it?

Now, for the seafood lovers in your family,
the best Crab Soufflรฉ ever!


This recipe is a keeper and has become highly requested in our family
for special occasions.
I prefer using fresh lump crabmeat in this dish, but you can
substitute canned lump crab if you prefer.


Just look at all that cheesy crab......divine!!!!


CRAB SOUFFLE'
6 slices of good white bread, buttered
2 cups whole milk
1 t. dry mustard
1 t. salt
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
3 beaten eggs
1 lb. lump crabmeat

Place all 6 slices of buttered bread into a bowl.
Pour 2 cups milk over the bread, cover and refrigerate overnight.
After the bread has chilled and soaked up most of the milk,
blend this with a hand mixer.
Add the eggs, mustard, salt, cayenne and cheese...blend well with mixer.

Add the lump crab and fold gently into this mixture.
Put the crab mixture into a well greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.


HAPPY 2022 to each of you...
may it be a year of spreading kindness and bringing joy to many!
Here's to your good health and happiness!

12 comments:

  1. I love lots of pretty candles out during the winter months! And it's fun to have a new puzzle for a day inside. LOVE your beautiful dishes and yummy meals. Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful. Christmas continued after a fashion. You find the sweetest things from ornaments to napkins. The puzzle will be fun. Gotta love Wysocki. As always, your header is a triumph. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks delightful and sounds delicious. As per usual here.

    Merry Midwinter Wishes
    Happy New Year
    Hugs
    ๐Ÿ’— ✨ ๐Ÿ’— ✨ ๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete
  4. Echoing Vee....... Oh yes, your entire Blog Look is always a Joy to behold.

    Merry Midwinter Wishes
    Happy New Year
    Hugs
    ๐Ÿ’— ✨ ๐Ÿ’— ✨ ๐Ÿ’—

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year dear Betsy! as always...
    a feast for All the senses here!
    thank you for giving us another year of fabulous posts. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! I love your winter Johnson Brothers dishes, the red and white plate, and the evergreen mug! I love drinking my morning cocoa from a mug that makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your pretty things and, of course, all your RECIPES!!!
    Everything is always so pretty when we come here to visit!!
    Happy New Year! Are you loving this cold weather that came in today??? It won't last long, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun to see all the beautiful things in your home. I love that mug and would use it all year. I am going to try that crab souffle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post and I LOVE those pjs! That mug is just perfect for the winter months. It is fun to have those special mugs. That crab souffle sounds absolutely delicious and those cakes are amazing. Happy 2022! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is always so warm, cozy and lovely. I love your new jammies! I wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betsy,

    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today! I always appreciate your visits and kind comments. First of all, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your header -- it's gorgeous! It is just perfect for this season of the year. You have such pretty things in your home, and those Friendly Village dishes are such a favorite, aren't they? I know so many people who've had that pattern over the years. My husband even likes it. :) Thank you for sharing the crabmeat souffle recipe; I adore crabmeat and also love souffles. What a great combination, and this look like something I could even make. ;)

    I hope we all have a better year this year; we will try our hardest here. Take care and have a great week, Betsy!

    Blessings,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! so much...so much sweetness and beauty in this post. But first, I am SO making that crab dish...SOON!
    and would you please share your cake recipe with us??? Purty Please!!!!
    Your dishes remind me so much of my sweet mother in law...she used those dishes every Christmas and as a new wife, who thought everything she did we just perfection..I was always in awe of those dishes. Had never seen anything so cool in my lifetime...so you just took me down the most perfect memory lane!!
    As I sit here, once again in isolation and on my birthday-sniff, sniff...I pray for all people. 5 of my family members are waiting on test results as I type and there is so much sickness. We have all decided to just stay put until this surge passes. So......I remodeled and redecorated my sunroom!!!! Now exhausted!
    Such a pleasure to sit and read such loveliness from your neck of the woods!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.