January 7, 2022

DARN GOOD CHILI AND JALAPENO CORNBREAD...LET'S STAY HOME



Hello all you Kindred Spirits....
Winter did indeed arrive in Texas on January 2, 2022!
We actually had a night down in the teens, with
a cold wind blowing through the night air...
and a day of sunshine, but just barely above freezing!
So, it was a day to spend indoors and finish
putting away the Christmas décor and pack the tree
away for another year!


This is the time to hibernate and create a cozy
corner made for an afternoon of reading a good book,
sipping on hot tea and wrapping up in a cozy throw......


This is the Winter look on the Windsor chair.....

A small plate of sugar cookies and a slice of citrus....
I'm in heaven.......how perfect for Winter.......

To me, there is nothing more warm and cozy,
then a pot of chili simmering on the stove,
along with cornbread baking in the oven!
Call it pure comfort at home......


Sunday dinner is always about making it easy....
Making a box of Jiffy Cornbread into mini-muffins,
some topped with Jalapeno's extra special!


Dressing up a package of Bear Creek Darn Good Chili taste
homemade with seasoned ground chuck and lots of peppers and spices!


Garnished with sour cream, cheese and fresh green onions!
Oh boy....warms your heart and your tummy!

We're going to make 2022 a great year....y'all stay warm out there.......
thanks for stopping by today!



4 comments:

  1. Sounds great to me! I'd love to have a bowl of chili after cleaning up the drive. 😉

    But first, I must drag my tree out for another year. I'm working on cozy when I get back inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I always enjoy my visit at your cozy blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious! The Jiffy factory, as we call it, is located in my home town of Chelsea, MI. They give free tours of the factory. It's so cute to see all those little boxes on the conveyor belts. It's a great place for school outings. The kids love it because they give them snacks and 2 free boxes of Jiffy mix! love your tea pot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chili looks absolutely delicious. The first time I had it was at a small country school I attended. I was in 5th grade and they sent the recipe home with us. We all got a big bowl with a piece of crusty bread. I thought it was the best thing I had eve tasted.

    I love Jiffy cornbread mix! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.