October 1, 2021

HELLO OCTOBER....A BEHIND THE SCENES LOOK AT PLANNING THIS MONTH'S FESTIVITIES

 

You know the saying...
"I'm so glad I live in a world
where there are Octobers..."
It has always been my favorite month out of the year!
There is still much to be done and I plan on
savoring every minute of it!


I am working on the design for our outside front entryway.....
I hope I can create something as stunning as the Divine Miss M...
she has started with this gorgeous vibrant wreath!


See what I mean...she can create a real show stopper at her front entry!


I have been working on an idea for our front entry
and I am really hoping it all comes together!
I have to keep in mind the outdoor elements when
placing things outside as our porch is not  covered or
protected from rain and wind...it can be a tad bit tricky.......
i know it looks like a hot mess currently!!!!


I am hoping to include this darling little garden flag with the
vignette, but don't hold me to it.......


I have three delicious books I have added to the fall library...
something for the grown-up gals and also for little grandbabies.....


Two of our boys will be visiting this month
and I am so happy to be planning a little Oktoberfest
for the occasion....this is gonna be fun on a bun.....


What's more fun than planning a gathering in October
and having the theme be the little red harvest truck!!!!


And of course.....there is HALLOWEEN to look forward to
the last of October....there WILL be a night of
pumpkin carving....I am really looking forward to seeing
all my Halloween decorations again.....oh to be a kid again......

There will be all sorts of delicious foods coming from
Estelle's kitchen....Chicken Pot Pie, Homemade
Vegetable Soup, Apple Nut Cake, Fried Pies
Butternut Squash stuffed with Sausage, Roasted Chicken
and buttery Mashed Potatoes.....
it's all about creating a home you love.......
you know, what we often refer to as creature comforts....
recipes, styling tricks and rewarding projects!



5 comments:

  1. Creating home—and you are an expert! Once again, you have also created a welcoming, warm header. So nice to study all the elements you've gathered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love October, too! It’s such a beautiful month.

    I love all your plans for gatherings. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world did the Divine Miss M get her sweet dog to pose and smile?!! She has a beautiful Fall porch. I'm sure your grandkids are going to have so much fun when they come to visit. I love family traditions and you do them so well. Love your video. That little stinker got caught red-handed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you celebrate LIFE itself! delicious and sumptuous memory makers!
    and to end this glorious post with that last picture.
    the beautiful face of Miss Mae herself... those eyes... and the exquisite ear!
    as translucent as tissue paper. bless you Betsy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.