September 8, 2021

FALL PREVIEW...LET'S START A NEW SEASON!

Hello Kindred Spirits....
Summer was pretty darn wonderful
for us with the highlight being our family beach trip....

a week of great weather oceanside enjoying our children and grandchildren,
sharing delicious foods and cocktails until the moon was shining down
on that gorgeous soft white sand.....


This is THE very first time it has rained
the majority of our drive down to Florida.
in fact, this turned into a twelve hour trip!!!

FAMILY BEACH TRIP JULY, 2021


The month of August....not much going on.....

Lots of days swimming and cooling off poolside.....

 I so hope you enjoyed your months of Summer
and made heart-warming memories with those you love!
I hope you grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, ate
ice cold watermelon and served up a lovely homemade peach cobbler!
Did you visit your local Farmer's Market for some big fat tomatoes
and fresh corn?
Did you sit outdoors and sip iced tea while listening to the sounds of Summer?
I hope it was a good three months for you!!!
So I am refreshed and renewed after the break ...now let's get on with
the Fall season...a favorite of so many of us!


I added a few new ribbons to my stash
that I plan on using for some lantern toppers.....


My all time favorite product line at Target is THRESHOLD!
I have many of their kitchen linens, throws and pillows that I have
purchased over the years!
I purchased these beautiful yellow French Country placemats
which I plan to use in a fall tablescape!
Then decided, why not purchase the same design in
this beautiful Autumn orange also!
Who doesn't need to add a few table runners here and there?


The floral Autumn spray is from Hobby Lobby....
I decided the kitchen farmhouse table will be transformed into
a lovely fall vibe by using creams, ivory, with touches of brown and deep yellow golds!


I am not someone who is fond of using white in fall decorating...
why on earth would you not incorporate all these rich, vibrant
color shades for the season?
I also am adding new candlesticks for my collection..love these!


And....I simply cannot wait to smell one of my all time favorite
candles from A CHEERFUL GIVER....Blueberry Muffins!!!!


I am pretty excited about transforming a few rustic baskets
with these florals.......


The inspiration photo I found, used shades of burgundy
and pink for the accent colors, but I decided on deep
navy to use in my foyer vignette....


I think this would be gorgeous for an autumn wedding.....


Plans are underway for transforming our outdoor
patio, with new pillow covers and a back door wreath!


Hey, it's never too early for Pumpkin Pie!!!


Mae is doing well....she's my constant companion when
working on DIY's and decorating.......
we discuss what works and what didn't turn out so well......
it's absolutely wonderful to have such a beautiful love bug by my side!

So that's it guys and dolls...I am looking forward
to this new season and making the most of our days....
I would love for y'all to share your fall plans with us also!



18 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled it's autumn! My favorite time of year. I love the cozy!

    Your placemats and runners from Target are beautiful, and I am with you on the deep rich colors! Why would anyone do neutrals when you have the deep reds, mustards, navy, and brown tones?

    We had a good summer, too. Busy with getting my parents house sold, and getting them moved in with us, but it's been full of good things as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your fall decor Deanna...just have fun with it!

      Delete
  2. I too, love Autumn...

    Thank you for your beautiful blog. Always, but especially, at this time of year.

    🍁 🍂 🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very kind you were to leave this message...thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. My Amber loves Target - it is her Happy Place along with the Starbucks inside. She goes every Monday to buy her week's worth of groceries and it is a LOT! She cooks three meals a day sometimes all seven days of the week!
    I may go there this afternoon!
    Love all your pretty FALL ingredients! I replaced my white candles, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I failed to comment on your September 1st post...as always, it was lovely Linda!

      Delete
  4. Your Mae looks beautifully fit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Mechelle....she's a big girl.....Mae was a rescue kitten from a farm in Maine!

      Delete
    2. I didn’t know exactly how to word my comment. I seriously think she looks even better than previously. I didn’t want you to think I was criticizing her. I just thinks she’s beautiful. ❤️

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful!! Do you give out the recipe for the pumpkin pie? Would love to make it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer....the recipe is the Libby's pumpkin pie recipe...found on the can....my all time favorite!

      Delete
  6. Well I learned something new today—your darling kitty Mae is from Maine. I knew that she is a rare beauty. ☺️

    What a family-filled summer. Fabulous! My summer was a lot like your August...not too much going on.

    As always, what a scrumptious header you have this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hi there Miss Vee...hope all is well in your view of the world....I so hope your fall season is full of happy things and beautiful days....thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  7. Back again, to ask, what is the name of your adorable calendar for 2021? I saw the July page pictured on one of your posts, and do not remember which one....

    It is old fashioned, and Americana, and just perfect. I would love to get one, for 2022.

    Please, what is the name of it?

    Please and thank you.

    📚📕📗📙📚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course....this calender is from Lang and features the art work of Linda Nelson. I just love them!

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh thank you so very much!

      I will look for one, for 2022.

      -Happy dance-

      Gentle hugs,
      🍁🍂🍂🍁

      Delete
  8. Love your blog ,fall decor and recipes

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful family you have...I think that beach pic is a framer!!!!!
    Yes...bring on the fall...take this summer heat away!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.