August 24, 2021

SPICY CAJUN SHRIMP DIP


THIS is tradition on our family beach trips..
we have been going to Joe Patti's seafood market for years...many years in fact!



The grandbabies love their trips to Joe Patti's!
It's tradition and we plan our big seafood boils around this trip
to celebrate good times!


Hot French bread...a must have!


In 2004, Hurricane Ivan flooded much of Pensacola, including
Joe Patti's market....this is how high the water level was that September!


All my kiddos....boy are we havin' a good time!


As you can see, the market is always packed!


I chose this beautiful seafood platter on our last trip.....
and.....


I always purchase some Gullah Gourmet products!
Each product bag  preserves a little of Lowcountry culture
with a sampling of the beautiful Gullah language
 (a cross between Elizabethan English
 and various African languages). Delightfully Lowcountry!
 


Of course, you always try to have your cocktail napkins
reflect the theme of your appetizer, right?


Estelle's Cajun Shrimp Dip
One bag of Gullah Shrimp Dippin'Ting
One 8-ounce cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
12 ounces of frozen shrimp, thawed
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1/2 of lemon zested
2 t. Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella

Combine all ingredients in a baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Stir to combine well. Bake another 5 minutes.
Serve with assorted cocktail crackers!

This recipe is simply THE BEST ever!!!!!


The darling said,
"you must make this for the holidays...the boys will love it!"


This made my BEST OF THE BEST appetizers served at Estelle's!


I just placed an order for more of my favorites
so that I would have them on hand for the upcoming holidays!
I highly recommend these unique gourmet food products!
You can order here!
 


5 comments:

  1. That looks like a fancy fish market. Your family certainly does look happy to be there. I know that you all enjoyed the fare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious. I will have to make a pass on our way to Watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a wonderful post! love that lowcountry shrimp dippin' ting!
    going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. You got me! I’m going to FL on annual gal pal trip. Flying into Pensacola this time as I’m gonna spend 3 days first at Navarre beach, ALONE!!! For my soul search adventure, then on to Destin! My first stop will be joe pattis yo stock up for the week and I’m putting this Gullah stuff on my list. I’ve never seen it and I’ve been all over that place every time I go down. Very excited…that dip looks amazing!!!
    Hoping your beach trip recap is in next blog entry-I’m catching up! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.s. think I’ll pick up some salmon too for your smoked salmon spread!!!! Oooo thanks for the recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.