August 19, 2021

CHANGING THINGS UP TO CREATE A FALL VIBE

“Stay close to people

who feel like SUNLIGHT”~ 

Hello Loves....
how in the world is everyone doing today!
At last, we have rain on this August day
in the great state of Texas!

Let's continue to get ready for the fall season......

You know, I kind of like taking this time
to slowly work my way throughout our home
putting touches of Autumn here and there...
that's a good thing about retirement....there's no rush!

Oh how wonderful my first cup of  morning coffee tasted
in my new Pioneer Woman cup.......another
lovely creation from Ree Drummond!


I'm trying out this quick bread mix today.....
I think I'll add some pecans too.....


don't you love the aroma  of cinnamon and spice?


This cozy new throw and pillow are the
inspirational colors for the family room.


This came together in no time....
just by accident really, but I love it!!!

The piano has been dressed for the season....
I just treasure my collection of vintage sheet music.....

I love the look of a collected home.
Treasures and furniture pieces tell a story
and provide a history..using family heirlooms is
my favorite way to decorate!



6 comments:

  1. I make the Pumpkin Bread from that mix. It is delicious. I put pecans in mine and also drizzle a glaze of milk and conf sugar on top. The grandchildren love it. Thanks for sharing your life with us. We look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice.....I simply love your name! It has a very regal sound...thank you so much for sharing today...I love the idea of kicking the pumpkin bread up a notch....baking for the grandchildren is a lovely thing to do....wishing you a lovely weekend ahead!

      Delete
  2. Love it all, Betsy! BTW, you were missed and it's so good to see Estelle's in my inbox again. Hope you are doing well and I hope your husband is enjoying retirement...uh, it can be an adjustment for everyone. Ask me how I know. Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a collected house look too! That cup looks beautiful! Red Drummond has some of the best dish ware out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall is in the air......have you notied a different feel to it? I believe the light is starting to chcnge as well. I'm having the best time cleaning and decorating.....and I suspect tha
    t you don't make a complete wreck of your home as I do in the in the process. I have a whole basket of things to pull out on the very first September morn of 2021. Special coffee, candle, plug ins and such. I'm counting the days off on a kitchen chalk slate.....12 days....
    This afternoon I made Ginger Pumpkin Praline Squares - like a crustless pumpkin pie with a crumb topping. Smells so like Fall here today! Taking some to a friend who recently had knee surgery. Not sure she's going to thank me since she's in no shape to work off the 300 calories per serving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The summer is winding down and fall will be here before we know it. I love summer and am always sorry to see it go. But I love fall also. Especially the colors and cooler weather. How beautiful your home is. You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.