August 16, 2021

SMOKED SALMON SPREAD....A START TO FALL ENTERTAINING

 


Don't wait for the weekend to spend time with good food, 
family and friends.
If you have close neighbors next door, that love to come
over for a glass of wine in the evening and sit out on the deck,
it's great to have a little appetizer to serve at a minutes notice!


I like pulling together a little tray of fresh veggies,
cocktail crackers and a fresh Salmon dip which is perfect
for a late summer, early fall gathering!


I have made this Smoked Salmon spread for years and it's always
a family favorite!


I like serving this with crisp bagel chips,
cherry tomatoes, baby cucumber slices and sliced
green peppers!


SMOKED SALMON SPREAD

1 16-oz. can salmon, drained and flaked

1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon prepared horseradish

¼ can tomato soup

2 stalks green onion, chopped

1/2 teaspoon salt

½ t, garlic powder

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 t. liquid smoke

1 t. Cajun seasoning

3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

 Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly place in serving bowl.

Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers or bagel chips!



 


8 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I am not a big seafood lover, do you have any other recipes you'd be willing to share? I love spontaneous hospitality, and having stuff on hand to pull out to munch.

    I am getting excited about fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so pleasant...visiting with neighbors in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful!! What is "t"? teaspoon or tablespoon? Thanks ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ho Bobbie...a lower case t. stands for teaspoon.....upper case T. indicates Tablespoon!

      Delete
  4. What a nice picture of 2 friends on the deck. They look so happy and relaxed! The recipe looks delicious and I love your video. I'm not quite ready for Fall. I tried to change my china hutch from Summer to Fall and just couldn't do it yet. After Labor Day, I'm all in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just copied the recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also just copied! Sounds perfect for LSU football days!!!! I usually make a smoked tuna spread but I love salmon!!!
    Glad you’re enjoying fall already! I’m living for cooler temps and the deer camp….where all kids and husband go for weekends. I’m exhausted from summer and really needing some alone time!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.