October 19, 2018

ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH MAPLE GLAZE


Hello Loves...
it's a perfect October day....
 it's dark, cold and rainy...just the kind of day to
curl up with your favorite blanket, watch a
Turner Classic Movie, while something
delicious is roasting in the oven.


I have loved this arrangement for a few months now
and decided I just might display this year round....even
during those summer months, it will be a reminder
that fall will soon be coming......


Days in Autumn are just a gift aren't they?
Did you stop by Vee's blog and take in all the 
gorgeous fall color they currently have in Maine?
And, still more days to come with even more days
of autumn shades to enjoy.....


Have you tried this brand of Spiced Mocha?


I will tell you, it's delicious and perfect
for fall and winter months....I found this at WalMart!
Top it with a swirl of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.....


I love planning the Thanksgiving gathering....
happy thoughts!


I have read where some have started decorating for
Christmas already....not me...I savor every minute of this season.


So, here's what's on the menu for this October day......


Cut, peel and cube one butternut squash.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place cubed pieces on baking sheet.
Sprinkle with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
Bake for 30 minutes...I cover mine loosely with foil.
Remove from the oven, and drizzle with real Maple Syrup.
Continue baking , uncovered for five minutes.

I take one-half of the squash for this recipe and this will serve two.
For the other half of the squash, it is plenty to make a good
butternut squash soup!


I also baked a glorious batch of
Zucchini Spice Muffins...let me know if you would like
the recipe...these are divine!!!!

14 comments:

  1. I like to roast butternut squash with sliced apples, too! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Deanna...that would be delish to add apples to this...perfect! Warm hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  2. Alas, not baking much these days, but if they are low sugar...

    Thanks for the link love, Betsy. It’s Peak Week all along the coastline this week. The rest of us up heah are watching the leaves fall fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love hearing from you VEE....I just know that fall has been gorgeous at your home!

      Delete
  3. I would love that recipe! I used to bake those muffins using the recipe from Highland Park cafeteria back in the day! I haven’t found that recipe in my stash for years now! Love all your fall posts and I would so keep that beautiful arrangement year round. It pains me to decorate early for Christmas but I’m going to do it this year using half of my ‘debris.’ Hope to do it all the week before Thanksgiving. I’ve only done this once before when I had major surgery and decorated before since I wasn’t able to do it after.
    I love how you are loving fall! I am, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will love every minute and enjoy Christmas in all it's glory! I could never decide which season I love best at The Chapmans...it's always beautiful and festive!

      Delete
  4. I am with you, dear one...I enjoy every single Autumn moment. Getting all ready for Thanksgiving is such a fun treat and I never put any C'mas things out until AFTER Thanksgiving.
    I love that black and white cup...and can't wait to try the squash...thanks for such a great sounding and simple recipe. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mug is from Pier One BJ....Hope you enjoy the recipe and I am sending you a big ole' hug!

      Delete
  5. Hey Betsy. Just wanted to tell you I made your Christmas Eve lasagna recipe last night and it was delicious! I've made lasagna many times over the years but mine comes out different every time...and not in a good way. Ha! Not only was your recipe tasty, but it was easier then what I had been doing. Hubby just chimed in and said he loved it, too. Thanks for sharing all your "good cookin" with us. I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tobe....this is so wonderful! I will always try to publish only the best of the best recipes.....love hearing from you and having you leave such sweet and kind comments!

      Delete
  6. coming here is just a joy. always. huge hug from another Autumn~loving soul! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Warm hugs to you also Tammy....sending love!

      Delete
  7. LOVE this post. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fall-it's my favorite season! The squash sounds wonderful and I would like the muffin recipe, too, if you want to share it. Every recipe I have ever tried from your blog has been wonderful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Diana....you are the sweetest!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.