October 14, 2018

AUSTIN GOOD TIMES....GREAT MUSIC, FOOD AND MOVIES




Hello Loves!
I trust everyone had a good October weekend....I hope you all did
something fun and exciting!
We certainly did....as we had a full weekend of events
in the fabulous city of Austin!


Our youngest invited his dear ole' Daddy to experience
the music of Paul McCartney who was appearing Friday night
at the ACLmusic fest.....boy did they have a ball!!!!


I, on the other hand....spent a relaxing evening at our favorite hotel
and enjoyed a few glasses of wine and having a catch-up phone call
with dear Ms. Judy down in Pensacola.


I love watching a few favorite TV shows on Friday night
away from the thousands of music festival fans down at
the park....the darling said I never would have made it!!!


So, should I place an order for room service?
Of course I should....a huge treat for moi!


I was in heaven......pj's, wine and a fabulous dinner......


This is going to make you hungry....
the food was so DELICIOUS and BEAUTIFUL, I thought I would share
the experience...this lovely fresh side salad
with a balsamic vinaigrette....


the best Fettuccine Alfredo I have ever tasted.....


and a scrumptious Bourbon Pecan Tartlette!


Then Saturday morning we were off to experience yet another
favorite bistro.....24 DINER!
This is a hot spot for locals....


Let's start with a beautiful Bloody Mary.....


along with Mimosa's and hot coffee.....


This gorgeous and bountiful breakfast lasted me until dinner......


Rob and I went off shopping while the darling relaxed at his apartment....
we had tickets to a matinee movie that Rob was dying to see
and let me tell you.....I LOVED THIS MOVIE!
We all did....just WOW! Another five star rating!!!!


We also began the new Netflix series of
The Haunting of Hill House....
we are hooked.....all of us.....


Then it was back to the hotel to change for dinner
and enjoy the cocktail hour.....this has become our tradition
and I love every minute of it!


It was a beautiful night in downtown Austin.....


We returned to one of our favorite little Italian bistros.....
a perfect night to dine on the patio.....


As always, our hearts are full spending time
with one of our children....it was a wonderful, wonderful few days!


Someone is very happy and content
that we are back home and all is right in her world again....


Lastly, just a closing thought of our California family
and how much we miss our BoBo....he is so handsome don't you think?

5 comments:

  1. Betsy, OMG, I absolutely want room service and send Paul up with it. LOL. You know how to life sweet girl. That sounds like the best weekend ever. And could they get any more in that Bloody Mary? LOL I loved all the pictures. :) Cute pets too. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like a perfecto weekend!! And girl, I'm ALL about spending quality time with moi!!!! I love a nice hotel, room service and a good spa...makes for a great stay-cation! and how sweet that your boy got his dad tickets to see Paul....a must see!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a woman after my own heart! I love to have a little alone time and relax and indulge myself when everyone else is hustle-bustling! I did that very thing the last time we were out of town and it was delightful. I want to check out that movie. Looks like a wonderful weekend for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet time you had of it at the hotel. That would be the perfect alternative to the concert. Is it almost time to visit California?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohmygosh! this was a little feastly vacation wrapped up in love!
    BoBo is such a darling too. he seems small for a lab and I would love that. and little Miss Mae is the cleanest kitty I've ever seen. just look at the light through her little pink ears... like a delicate flower!
    thanks for sharing this wonderful time! xo

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.