March 27, 2018

ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES, WINE AND OLIVES



This is my newest addition to my cookbook collection 
and the very first recipe I tried was given a five star rating
by our family.
I cannot wait to try so many more of Laura's fabulous recipes......


Let's turn these ingredients into something wonderful.......
I wish you could smell the aroma.....


One Pan Roasted Chicken 
with Potatoes, Wine and Olives


1 ¼ pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into quarters
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 jar green olives
1 head of garlic
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary needles
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
½ cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
2 lemons, sliced thin (peels, seeds, and all) 

Preheat oven to 300 degree F.

In a roasting pan large enough to hold everything, put the chicken, potatoes, olives, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt and several grinds of pepper. Toss everything together with your hands, then arrange the chicken and everything else, as much as possible, in a single layer. Pour the wine around the edges of the pan and arrange the lemon slices around and over the chicken. Cover with foil  Bake for 1 hour.

Increase temperature to 350 degrees F. and remove foil. Continue to bake for 30-45 minutes until chicken and potatoes are golden brown.


This recipe is sure to impress your honored guests....
It is almost the perfect recipe to serve for a dinner gathering
as it is all prepared in one baking dish, everyone loves the ingredients
and the taste and aroma are simply marvelous!

6 comments:

  1. Betsy, I love one pan meals. This one sounds and looks so very good. I like the part of putting it all together at once. No special cooking here and there. These kinds of meals frees the cook up for fun with guests. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of cooking. Everything in one pan. I can smell and almost taste it, looks so good, but then again everything you fix does.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering... Olives mmm-good
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- that looks SOOOOO good, Betsy. The only thing I would change is I would use chicken breasts instead of the dark meat. We are all white meat eaters here except for one son-in-law. lol
    I hope you have a wonderful pre-Easter week- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just may go on my dinner plan for tomorrow night. My man loves chicken n potatoes cooked together!!
    Tonight I did salmon and shrimp roasted on top of zucchini, carrots, purple onion and thin jalapeƱo strips drizzled with a creamy white wine dill sauce. Yummy! Need to post it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That. Is. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.