April 24, 2015

CREAMY SHRIMP SPREAD



It's time to get outside y'all!
Suppose you gave a garden party and everyone came.....
This is going to make you the hostess with the mostest....
My mother served this at all her southern soirees! 



CREAMY SHRIMP SPREAD
4 cups of boiled shrimp
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter
2 t. horseradish
1/2 t. pepper
1 T. lemon juice
1/4 t. salt
1 t. Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup green onions, diced


Boil fresh shrimp. Peel and remove tails. Place the shrimp in a food processor and blend until small pieces. Set the shrimp aside in a small bowl,  while mixing other ingredients. Place the remaining ingredients in the food processor, except the onion and blend well. Mix in the shrimp and onion. This is not only delicious, but looks gorgeous served with fresh lightly toasted baguette slices! 

Estelle's Savory Tip~Now I always add my own little touches to some recipes. To this particular one, I add extra Cajun seasoning, a little lemon pepper, about 2 T. of Tiger Sauce and several dashes of Tabasco sauce. We also top each bite with a dollop of Mango Mango! 


Looks like there is someone sniffing shrimp with his big black nose...



All Things That Love the Sun
Are
Out of Doors
~Williams Wordsworth

It's Foodie Friday Day!
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/




8 comments:

  1. That's it! I'm coming over! :) Yum, this sounds so good. Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelia....thank you so much for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. Your creamy shrimp spread is one of those keeper recipes--fresh and delicious! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a love...please enjoy the recipe! I so appreciate your visit today!! Hugs!!

      Delete
  3. Altho I don't "do" anything that lives in water, I think my hubby and our Bunco ladies and our home fellowship bunch would love this. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We adore seafood BJ....raised that way in Mississippi! I know some do not care for seafood, but for those that do, this one is a crowd pleaser! Hope they enjoy it! Have a delightful weekend!

      Delete
  4. We were outside today, but nearly blew away in a chilly cold wind. It felt like snow and now I'm hesring those rumors. I would not be surprised to see it.

    We love tiny shrimp here, but I could happily modify the recipe for that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shrimp spread would be popular at our house.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.