January 14, 2024

WINTER'S RENEWAL AND REFRESH FOR BODY, MIND AND SPIRIT

Good Morning Loves.....
The cold winds doth blow....
I hear the trees sway and bend through the night hours..
what leaves are remaining swirl about the lawns
and much of the country is laden with snow..
beautiful, but oh so cold....
currently our favorite dairy farm in Maine
looks picture perfect in the photo below..... 



I remember this so very well....those long winter months.....



My friend in North Carolina shared this photo of her home...
I do so love the look of winter.....

I have purchased a few little items to embrace the season
and chose tiny changes to brighten our spirits....



A new wax warmer along with a lovely Citrus and Balsam candle...
scents of Graciousness.....


I added this beautiful sage pillow to brighten up this space...
I am really loving the shades of green right now.....



It's time for pulling out the coziest of throw blankets.....
and I am so loving shopping at our HEB...



I picked up these amazing natural bath soaps the other day...
I am a soap fanatic and these scents are just so very lovely.....
I like to have the bathrooms feel like a visit to a spa......



WINTER'S COMFORT FOOD



I feel the need to create a festive escape from the cold air
and welcome our loved ones home to a warm gathering....



For breakfast, a delicious puff pastry wrapped with
a cream cheese filling and fresh blueberries....



We often find reasons to put out a beautiful charcuterie
for the cocktail hour....



An evening of a shrimp and smoked sausage linguine
brings comfort to the table....



And one must remember a favorite Southern vintage
No Peek Chicken and Rice.....



I left the little tree on display in the kitchen window....
As the temperature drops and the nights grow longer,
how delightful to wrap yourself in the aromas of
a winter meal and know the twinkling lights will always guide you toward home......



7 comments:

  1. Lovely and cozy.......I love your kitty sitting in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should write your own cookbook. I have seen so many tasty dishes here. I too love the sage green color. Your sweet kitty cat by the tree is adorable. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those pastries with blueberries and cream cheese look just like the ones we get at the village when I visit So Cal. They are amazingly good. I like the idea of hanging the cozy throws on the hooks. Your pasta dish looks delicious. That Winter magazine sounds delightful. And I love your plaid throw. It looks soft and warm. I bet you miss all that beautiful snow in Maine. We got a good share of snow the other day. That green color that you shared is the same color in Nel's house. She really likes it too!

    Have a blessed week in the new year, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and inspiring! this quote on your header is perfect, I so agree!

    ~There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort~

    Hope you are well Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm and cozy! Two of my most favorite words and they describe your home perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post, Betsy. I love how you enjoy life and share your recipes and love here. Your home is toasty and heart-warming. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betsy,

    I always love your blog headers, and this month is no exception. So pretty!! Everything you've shared in this post is perfect for winter; I enjoy the winter months because I like to be cozy. :) All of your food looks just delicious -- Yum! I see Miss Lucy is doing well. :D

    Hope you have a great weekend, my friend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.