January 13, 2023

APPLE PUFF PASTRY

 Good Morning Kindred Spirits....
oh, you will be so glad you stopped by Estelle's today.....
I have baked you a divine sweet treat that is SO easy...
SO delicious.....and it's company worthy!
All you need is a sheet of puff pastry and a can of pie filling!



This can be served as a breakfast pastry or a lovely dessert at the end
of a winter's dinner......



Allow one sheet of puff pastry to come to slightly room temperature.
Cut strips on each side of the pastry, towards the middle of the sheet.
A pizza cutter works beautifully for this.....
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.



Choose a can of your favorite pie filling.


Spoon the pie filling down the middle section.
Carefully lay the cut sections in a criss- cross pattern
to cover the pie filling.



Brush the pastry with an egg wash.
I added a few pecans over the top before baking.
Bake until brown and crisp...about 25 to 30 minutes.
Drizzle the baked pastry with a glaze made with
powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy cream.


I will tell you this is scrumptious!
Y'all enjoy!!!!!





3 comments:

  1. I always find canned apples too crunchy so I cook them in a saucepan until they are softened. This recipe sounds amazing. Apple desserts are very comforting in cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy and easy! Win Win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this looks amazing. I sure wish I had a slice to go with my tea right now. This pastry looks so moist and warm and Yummy. What a wonderful dessert.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.