December 15, 2022

CHRISTMAS EVE PLANNING...including HOLIDAY WASSAIL

Oh the anticipation of Christmas Eve.......



The table has been prepared and the house is aglow with candles ....
the Christmas tree is casting shadows of twinkling lights in the foyer
and the family is driving up for an evening of festive fun...







there is a very special feeling on this night of December 24th....
Our thoughts turn to the birth of the Christ child and the story
of Mary and Joseph's trek to Bethlehem....Oh Holy Night......



Mother's sideboard has been decorated in warm whites this year.....
she would be delighted with this......


I love this tiny little house...aglow under a frosting of snow......


I am looking forward to decorating the farmhouse table with
the theme of Christmas village....Rob helped me select
this tablecloth....he said it reminded him of Maine....
one of his all time favorite Christmas's.
This is my menu for Christmas Eve.....
it includes their favorites from Christmas past, along
with a very old Southern Living appetizer which
I used to serve years ago.....


HOLIDAY WASSAIL
4 CUPS APPLE CIDER
4 CUPS FRESH ORANGE JUICE
4 CUPS CRANBERRY JUICE
3 CINNAMON STICKS
2 FRESH GINGER PIECES
2 T. WHOLE CLOVES
1 LEMON, SLICED
1 ORANGE, SLICED
1/3 CUP BROWN SUGAR


COMBINE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A SLOW COOKER.
WARM ON LOW FOR 6-8 HOURS
SERVE WARM

Isn't it a blessing to be able to make the holidays
special and memorable for those you love.....

5 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful. LOVE that tablecloth, too. I know your family will have a wonderful time. What time should I show up for the good food? lol. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can see why the tablecloth reminds Rob of Maine. It's a beauty.

    The wassail sounds so delicious. I might have to make some just for me. I have
    spent many years alone on Christmas Eve, but I have my memories and they are
    sweet.

    Merry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely alllllll, as usual.

    Enjoy!!!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks so inviting, have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Party Ryes! We used to make those every Christmas and they are delicious! Time to bring that back to our menu!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.