November 10, 2022

THANKSGIVING PREPARATIONS

Now...I just have to say this to y'all this morning....
what is going on with all the rush to skip over
Thanksgiving and push forward to Christmas?
My head is swimming with all the social media platforms
and so many buying Christmas dรฉcor right and left
then showing their homes fully decorated with
magazine worthy decorations!!! 

I did not grow up this way, nor have I ever
decorated for Christmas before the fall season 
came to a close and we celebrated Thanksgiving.
which happens to be our favorite holiday!




That being said, if you cannot wait for your
home to now reflect the Christmas season, then
do what brings you joy!
I will catch up with you in December and
hopefully, bring you some delightful posts
and recipes......

We will be hosting about twelve for this Thanksgiving and
I am preparing two tables to seat everyone comfortably....
The china has been washed, the crystal and silver have
been polished and the linens ironed and pressed....
Most of the menu has been bought and the serving dishes
have been selected and are ready for the buffet.
Family will be coming in at different times and a few
friends will be joining in the festivities this year
I am designing our second table with a bit of whimsy
and less formal look....it's going to be darling I think.....


I have shown y'all this sweet couple for years now....
they haven't missed a Thanksgiving for the past
thirty years....they came from the Gooseberry Patch days.....



I have a lovely autumn fruit garland which will
run the length of the table.....I love how rustic it looks....



This is the tablecloth I selected and I love it!


I also will be using white pumpkins and this luminaria was
purchased from Bath and Body Works back in the mid 1990's......



You can see how often I use this little candle....I have used it over and over again.....



I selected these napkins and napkin rings because I love the deep
fall colors they bring to the tablescape.....



And....I chose these placemats....
I bought these last year when they were on sale
from Hester and Cook.....
I think they are an unexpected bit of fun whimsy.....
I am really excited to see how this table comes together and
everyone may choose the table they wish to sit at......

I think we are expecting cold weather which is fine....
jut please no rain...THANKSGIVING DAY in Texas is
normally perfection.....

Then..comes round two....
our son works on Thanksgiving day in Austin,
so we hold a second round of celebration on Saturday...
I think I will be somewhat exhausted after this,
so I may be a tad late getting Christmas on display!
We have an out of town trip scheduled for the first
week in December celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary
therefore I am going to take my time as we enjoy this time away....
I know we are so excited for this day to get together and
celebrate as a family.....feeling blessed and thankful
and I wish this for each of you also....





8 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same thing about how everyone seems to be skipping right to Christmas this year. I love Thanksgiving and want to take my time celebrating it. Christmas is wonderful and will come in its time. But don't rush the seasons! I am in love with everything on your table. You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy....I am excited for Christmas too, as I am sure you are...everyone is...but I try to squeeze as much time will allow for our beautiful fall season....I always hate to see it end....wishing you and those you love a joyful Thanksgiving Day!

      Delete
  2. I decorate after Thanksgiving, but sometimes might add in a bit of garland or a wreath early. My family likes the holidays kept separate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you and your family a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving Day Deanna...thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  3. Thank you...Thank you...for putting into words what all of us "oldies" are thinking!!! I cannot and will not think christmas before we celebrate Thanksgiving. Have they all forgotten what that special day stands for???

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry...hit publish too soon...... the season to be thankful for all of our blessings.. to love the fall colors and celebrate with all family gathered together with no expectations of gifts and red and green?? Like you, I love the fall season with so many memories of Thanksgivings past with my mom and dad and siblings and cousins and football! So, I concentrate on decor for my turkey day table surrounded by my family's love! And I think that's just as it should be!
    Now...on to your post! where oh where did you find that "home" plate???? Love Love that! And that hester and cook was also the placemat I used last yr...using a different one this yr from them. Arent those just the best?? Not half as ready with menus and plans as you are but going to get started this weekend while all the guys are away at deer camp...between gymnastics meets and baseball games!!
    I truly think it's a generational thing....we just always took every season slowly and enjoyed it. This group just wants to rush everything before its time; therefore, not taking the time to enjoy every moment. Shame.
    Can't wait to enjoy this thanksgiving season with you as you plan....we will have 18-20 for the big day...I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janey...you are so a part of me....listen darling...I am copying your table from last year which I fell in love with....you provided the inspiration to me for these precious placemats.....even though you don't post often, I always enjoy and come away smiling with family and food ideas! Wishing you and all of your dear family a very blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated 50th Wedding Ann.!!!!

    Gentle hugs
    ๐ŸŽ„ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐ŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.