November 13, 2022

CHRISTMAS TRENDS FOR 2022

Hello there guys and dolls....
today....we are talking CHRISTMAS ideas for our home!
Do  you already have your theme chosen for this
most joyous and festive day of the year?
I found some favorites on Pinterest which
may put the spirit of Christmas in your hearts......



I don't know about you, but I LOVE STOCKINGS....

I have collected some darling ones over the years
and love each and every one of them,
but I use them with different decorating vignettes,
depending on the colors and theme I have chosen.

 

I think one of the most enjoyable areas to decorate for Christmas
is the fireplace mantel....
I never quite know how it will come together, 
but I know it will be the focal point for the family room
and we always, always enjoy the festive look.

Then there is the upstairs banister.....
I love to lace it with garland and lights so you
can see it from the outside and also as you enter our home...
this gives a very festive look!


How about bottlebrush trees?
I think they are essential to use in small vignettes,
however they seem to be rather pricey this year......



Oh the coastal Christmas trees.....
If you live in Florida or perhaps have
a sunporch, it would be delightful to have
soft blues and ornaments that remind you of
your love for all things oceanside.....



I love a huge REAL tree....the smell of pine,
hundreds of lights all aglow and treasured ornaments
from the past.....this is stunning isn't it?



And, don't overlook an understated smaller tree...
this look from Sincerely Marie is simple, but darling....
How cute to hang tiny stockings on the branches....


I adore this look....it's a primitive look and just charming.....


This tree is featuring the love of Rae Dunn....
I can see this is a family room with warm wood floors
and rustic dรฉcor..
I had no idea she made ribbon!!!


This tree is rather striking using all red ornaments
and the smart weave of the ribbon...
I feel it shows up very well on the tree......



Now, we see what gold accents kick up the drama on a tree
that featured bold reds in the ornaments and mixed
patterns of ribbon.....



Beautiful tree....
even though this tree is not flocked...
the use of cotton strips make it look
like a snowy tree found in the mountains...
a beautiful entry look....



I love, love, love the look of this tree...
first of all, I love the tree itself...
and the use of cream, and bronze ornaments....
it has an elegance to it.....



If you are a lover of the FARMHOUSE style,
this tree may be perfect for your vibe......

So, perhaps this gave you some ideas on your 2022 style...
visions of sugarplums are beginning to appear to me,
but not before we continue to enjoy the fall season
and gathering for Thanksgiving.....
it really is the most wonderful time of the year isn't it?


5 comments:

  1. Oh I think it would be interesting to limit the color palette to one or two shades. I could do that and it might make it less of a chore. I will have a small, fake tree this year. That I have figured out. The trees you have gathered here are beyond gorgeous. I like the "fake" smocked tree a lot. Now you have me thinking about stockings. I packed them away in 2015 and haven't seen them since. If I weren't so dismayed with my daughter's decision not to decorate for Christmas, I might copy her so it is nice to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I say "smocked?" Of course, I meant flocked. (Yes, really, I did.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your feelings Vee....some years, it seems a chore to decorate....I have the notion, to do much less.....getting older and it's sometimes a tad overwhelming...we shall see what transpires....and whatever we do, I am sure it will bring us the spirit of the season....we can do it!

      Delete
  3. There are so many great ideas on here today, Betsy. Really creative ones. The tree with the snow spoke to me, and how clever to use cotton strips for the snow. This just looks like something you would find in the mountains. The bottlebrush trees are so cute, and I must get a few, as I only have one. They add a whimsical feel to the house. You know, I never thought of putting stockings up and hanging them for decorations. That's a cute idea. I have a white one and a red plaid that will do nicely. Thanks for this wonderful post, and I always get the best ideas from your blog. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and delightful...!!!!!

    Gentle hugs
    ๐ŸŽ„ ๐Ÿ”ฅ ๐ŸŽ„

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.