November 5, 2022

IT'S ALL ABOUT FALLING LEAVES WITH THIS TABLESCAPE FOR THE PROGRESSIVE FALL DINNER

Hello to all of you this fine day.....
we are so glad to hear from you and today
will not disappoint if you happen to
be searching for a bit of seasonal inspiration and entertaining...
Some years ago, when we were knee deep in fun times with
our social circle of friends, we would arrange to
plan a night, where we would participate in a 
progressive dinner, which was SO much fun!
We would begin at one house with appetizers and cocktails
while we toured their home and admired all their fall decor.
We then traveled to the next home, to enjoy a bowl of chili
or soup, with homemade bread and did yet another home tour,
Then it was back to the first house, to nosh on a sweet ending
and finish the night with cocktails on the deck around the firepit.
Those were such great times for all of us.
So this post, is going to be a showing of
how I am preparing for the round of appetizers
and then the sweet ending of the night.......
The setting will be mismatched and casual, but very seasonal!
 

Fall is my favorite season to decorate....
and I love changing my tablescape pretty often during
the season in order to make the most of items I love!
I wanted to make the theme of this setting using "Fall Leaves",
rather than pumpkins and these napkins from previous years
were the inspiration for this look.
I would encourage you to look in your cupboards and pull together
various items that you may have forgotten you had....
it can be so enjoyable and lift your mood.
I placed vintage pink depression glass salt and pepper shakers,
along with my grandmother's sugar and creamer.
I think it's darling!



A little wooden block with an autumn saying is so cute
in little vignettes...this was found on the dollar isle.....




I used this wooden candle holder and a very, very old
mustard yellow pillar candle....I love the colors of both....



Since the theme is featuring "leaves", I pulled out this stone leaf dish
and paired it with an old cake candle, embellished with leaves and twine.



It sure looks pretty in the evening......


This is another leaf plate which I have had for years....
I found two wax melts that are also pretty old and I just love
their rustic, imperfect texture....



And...old pewter turkey salt and pepper shakers...



Now, I wanted to use this darling planter for an unexpected bit of whimsy....


I love the color of her collar....



Rather than buy new florals, I just pulled some stems from other
arrangements....


And, here I brought in two of my favorite pilgrims...
I love their muted colors and they are perfect for this
simple, almost vintage little vignette.



I used these darling little seasonal appetizer plates for this gathering....


The colors are just lovely for fall and a bit different than
the traditional fall colors.

Now, for the fall treats we were serving......



Genoa Salami with Swiss Cheese and whole grain mustard
in a flaky puff pastry.....
You can find the recipe below.....
SALAMI IN PUFF PASTRY




This appetizer was scrumptious!


And, can be prepared ahead of your party, then
baked for twenty minutes....



And the finale were these decadent
chocolate muffins!
You can find the recipe below.....

CHOCOLATE MUFFINS

I hope you gathered a bit of inspiration to use
some of your favorite dΓ©cor pieces that you
may not have considered using for fall.....
it's all about creating a home of happiness and comfort!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a fun idea. I remember having this 'home tour' at one of the neighborhoods we lived at. I loved seeing all your Fall ideas for this occasion. The old cake candle with leaves is so charming, and the whimsical planter is delightful. The pastries look amazing, and those chocolate muffins! Oh my, I wish I had one to go with my coffee right now. You always have the most creative and wonderful ideas, Betsy. Thank you for sharing them with us. They add a little inspiration to our lives. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fine way to spend an evening with friends. And those chocolate muffins sound delicious.
    πŸ‚πŸ₯§πŸπŸ₯§πŸ‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! Sherry and I want to do something like this out in the country with our beekeeping friends. We plan to tour the apiaries as we 'progress' with the meal.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.