May 1, 2022

SPRING OUTDOOR OASIS IN TEXAS AND ATLANTA

April was a beautiful month here in Texas!
April was even prettier over in Atlanta.... 



The Dogwood and Azaleas put forth a stunning display this year.....
Miss M shared a few photos of her yard as she played
frisbee with Piper Rose.....



Piper Rose never fails to take a darling photo.....
sweetest Lab ever.....a true sweetheart!

Now, let's take a look at Estelle's and
see how we are sprucing up the backyard for
Summer months!



Morning coffee while enjoying backyard bliss......



My neighbor has the most beautiful tree
which blooms every spring in these beautiful
pink blossoms...I'm not sure of what
specific tree this is, but I love seeing it out
the office window every day!



Do you like garden flags as much as I do?



I planted Sun Patients in one of the patio pots
and they have just begun to bloom.....
what a lovely color of lavender!



As you know, I love planting seeds and they
are growing so well....Nasturtiums, hollyhocks and marigolds.




Right now, everything is in full swing for Spring.....
I think the daylilies are going to be just stunning!



It's almost pool time...
and I sure need some aqua aerobic therapy!



We had our fence powerwashed and stained and then
had a retaining wall built between the back fence and pool.....
it needed something special to break
up the look of river rock along that area......



So, we are adding two large planters
which will be growing Morning Glories.....



This area receives full sun, so I think it's
going to look lovely once we get the vine growing....
I sent a photo to Miss M showing her the planter
and her advise was to add a few more plants on either end....
So, we made a Sunday morning run to Home Depot.....



In keeping with the floral color scheme,
I chose two perennial plants which I knew would
add beautiful color and texture among Morning Glory's,
Lantana and Plumbago!



Home Depot was hoppin'!
I could spend a full day browsing among the outdoor area.....
it's so much fun to see and hear about garden projects
everyone was working on......


Miss M...thank you!
You were spot on adding a few plants..I think it really gave it some pizazz!





Both of these plants due well during summer heat and full sun!
Now we can't wait to see what transforms...fingers crossed!


Hawaiian Punch Hibiscus

We chose this beautiful yellow Hibiscus for our
third planter.....



and in addition, planted a variety of my favorite herbs....
I am so excited to see how these grow over the summer!


I would love to hear and see how YOU have been 
adding new additions to your lawn and gardens!
We love spending time around the house,
so it's such a pleasure to grow something you have planted yourself!

POSTSCRIPT~




This is a fabulous mix for muffins or a loaf quick bread.....


I hope y'all have a good week ahead!
















1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 02, 2022

    another fabulous post to fill the senses! there's something here for everyone.
    I'm so glad you're enjoying your home and garden in this glorious Spring season.
    and thank you for adding Piper Rose and Miss Mobley to the festivities! XO

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.