February 1, 2021

WINTER BAKING...GINGERBREAD WITH LEMON PUDDING


 From hearty dinners to desserts, we all are looking
for recipes which are perfect for a comfortable night at home.

Comfort foods are like hugs for those you love
so I thought about an easy sweet ending that I knew
was an old family favorite!
In this case, it was warm gingerbread with
lemon pudding.....
semi-homemade!


It's fun to choose a color scheme when entertaining,
even if it's just for one, for the two of you or the entire family
I was in the mood for blues......
and why not create a little serving corner in the dining room!

I love using little serving dishes of all kinds for puddings....
I found this colorful little set of tartlet dishes on Amazon
which I plan on using for all kinds of desserts!


Gingerbread can be delicious served with lemon curd,
a lemon sauce or a lemon pudding...today I chose the 
cook and serve pudding....this is marvelous served warm or cold!
I considered making the pudding homemade, but why would
I want to use so many ingredients when Jello makes a delicious pudding mix?
During these days of Covid, it's pretty wise to be economical on the grocery budget!


To make the gingerbread a bit dressed up,
I made them in my mini-bundt pan, rather that in an 8x8 inch baking dish!


I find this so much more enjoyable by using linen napkins,
sterling silver and a glass cake plate...along with my very pretty
dessert plates which were a gift from Miss M!


As we find ourselves continuing to live mostly within our homes,
it's important to keep spirits up and focus on better days ahead.
It doesn't take much effort to pull together pretty plates, linens
and something delicious, semi-homemade to make others
feel special and well cared for!
This had a cozy feel of comfort food for a festive
gathering for two!
I would love to know how you are entertaining at home these days!


 I love when our children share tips and tricks with us...
this was a beautiful winter evening over in Atlanta
where they took the cocktail hour out on the deck...
it was a cool 52 degrees and the firepit was all aglow....
suddenly Piper Rose was alerted to a beautiful red fox 
scampering across the back gardens....



They looked up and saw this gorgeous full moon
being shaded by the clouds moving quickly, as a 
rainstorm was fast approaching...magical don't you think?


Down at son #2's house.....
the smoker was going all day....
looks like a true Texas BBQ in the making.......


January memories

Sending distant hugs ....stay safe....keep smiling.....

7 comments:

  1. Hello, what an inspiring post, always encouraging to take pleasure in preparing meals and serving them beautifully! Glad you are doing well! Keeping busy here as well, sewing and making delicious soups! Have a wonderful day today ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do cozy so elegantly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, to have the warmth of 52 degrees! We have snow and grey skies almost every day here in MI. On Saturday, the grandkids from next door went sledding down our small hill to the lake. It was so much fun to watch them having such a great time. The cold didn't other them at all! I almost went out to join them, but came to my senses. I always enjoy your warm and cozy posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. two of my favorite flavors... gingerbread and lemon! you took cozy and homey to the realm of exquisite!
    love those little dessert tartlet dishes. it took me back to years of bringing delight to my beloved Bob.
    he loved gingerbread. "honey why can't we have this year 'round?" he was so easy to please and always so appreciative. he made making things special for him great Fun! I never served it with lemon pudding though!
    so now I will look forward to making it for Me!
    had my first shot last month and now waiting for the 2nd one on 2/15th.
    I love your new banner! and... hoping sweet Piper Rose didn't catch the fox! LOL. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are excellent at making the ‘everyday’ special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ginger bread and lemon pudding look delish. I have never tried the Jello Lemon pudding but I will now. The firepit on the deck looks so inviting. We have about 4 inches of fresh snow on the ground and still getting snow showers today. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh...cozy and sweet. Smiling may be too much to ask, but my grin is on. 😏

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.