April 8, 2020

EASTER WEEK


Well Loves....here we are...
Easter week of 2020...
and we are in the midst of a horrific health crisis....
We must be caring.....and patient.....and diligent to
obey the rules of social distancing....


I hope to connect with the children across the miles
and connect with each of them via Zoom.....
Oh, doesn't it make you think of Easter's past when you all
dyed Easter Eggs and gathered together in the dining room for
a very wonderful dinner to celebrate such a joyous day......



Our Easter dinner will be just the darling and me
and I am so thankful for that.....along with Miss Mae of course....


I follow my Mother's tradition and always have.....
here's what's on the menu......


BROWN SUGAR GLAZED HAM


SCALLOPED POTATOES




SOUTHERN COCONUT CAKE

AND,....everyone is loving to see what others have been
cookin' up in their kitchens.....these were are best foods of our week...


Light lunches....whatever is in the fridge..kinda liking this too!



BBQ....smoked chicken, turkey breast and sausage with
potato salad, fried okra, green beans and Mac N' Cheese


Southern Living Buttermilk Pie


I will share the beautiful Georgia woodlands that
Miss M captured in photos for us on their nature walk.....
it indeed soothes the soul doesn't it?


I can just hear the rushing mountain stream....


Their home is surrounded by beautiful
horse farms so this was a mid-morning visit......



May you all have a beautiful Easter Sunday..
Stay well and let us remember....
there is always something to be grateful for.....





8 comments:

  1. Easter will still be special! Its such an important day to commemorate! I'm going to color eggs, and we're having ham, too. I think I'm doing potato salad, and another side. I just haven't decided on dessert yet. I might do a lemon cake with Lemon French Buttercream frosting! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your menu sounds just perfect Deanna....wish I had a place at your table....stay safe, and have a very blessed Easter Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Your home is always such a beautiful place to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As is yours Linda....sending you love, hugs and blessings for a beautiful Easter Sunday!

      Delete
  3. Oh everything will be so tasty and good and beautiful at your home. We are going in a completely different direction...Italian food because my daughter doesn't like ham. I must get my own slice of ham and make a meal from that one day. I love it with brown sugar and pineapple.

    I am willing to be patient for the rest of April. After that, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most certain your Easter will be happy and blessed Vee...Italian is delicious at any gathering...count me in! I am sending you hugs and blessings for Easter day!

      Delete
  4. Good afternoons,

    Indeed these is always something to be grateful for. These are challenging times for many, with Easter coming it is hard to think about celebrating this sacred holiday without going to mass and of course without family and friends. We will get through this and we will hopefully all appreciate the important things in life, family, friends, time and life. Have a very happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth....you are so right....perhaps we should all pay close attention to the lesson in this....I feel there is one....a strong one....warm hugs for a very blessed Easter Sunday!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.