January 24, 2018

BEST BOOKS IN THE WINTER READING CORNER


Hello Loves!
I am excited to bring some great books
to add to your library this season!
I am over the moon about each one of these and
I hope you find at least one that peaks your interest!


BERLIN, in April 1939 was partying like there was no tomorrow.............
Clara Vine works in a film studio that is churning out movies, however
each day she stays in Germany is more dangerous than the last.
Clara uncovers deep tangled lines which resulted in the murder
of a well known costume designer, Lottie Frank, that are directly
related to the Reich and Hitler.
This novel is an alluring blend of thrills, historic details,
spies and secrets.


As a southern born and bred girl.....I was anxiously awaiting this book!
The author, Leslie Anne Tarabella, was born in Alabama and
raised in Pensacola, FL and now resides in Fairhope, AL.....therefore we had alot in common
from the beginning!
She loves writing about anything southern.....
such as the ultimate recipe for deviled eggs, strapless dresses
and well-mannered children.
The southern way of life lives within you.....
with sections entitled...OUR PRECIOUS SOUTHERN FAMILIES,
OUR DELICIOUS SOUTHERN FOODS
and OUR DARLING SOUTHERN MANNERS....
it's going to be a real delight to read!


I simply adore Williams-Sonoma books!
This cookbook is filled with beautiful photos and
delicious recipes that feature seasonal ingredients.
Chicken Pot Pie, Squash and Bacon Risotto, Tangerine Chive Butter,
Crab Bisque and Persimmon Pudding are just a few...
sounds divine doesn't it?



NOW.....THIS is THE new coffee table book
that I am literally doing cartwheels over
1 first discovered this book while
shopping at Sharla's Boutique on the square.
This book was also on a segment with
Hoda and Kathie Lee......



The book is hilarious to read
and a beautiful inspiration to refer to when
throwing a dinner party!



The tablescapes are beyond gorgeous!


Sue Sue and Babs have a wicked and marvelous sense of humor...
twisted sisters are they!!!!!
The sisters have a family known philosophy when hosting dinner parties...
"Entertaining can be simultaneously beautiful and funny!
We all need to laugh more!"


I want to make every single one of these recipes...
not complicated, sound amazingly delicious and look beautiful!


Are you interested in throwing a Mardi Gras party next month?
Then you will love this menu!


I love, love, love this book!
You will find it entertaining to say the least
and a beautiful addition to your library!



8 comments:

  1. My new years resolution is to get back to my reading and allow myself a little "me time"...I just love books about our beloved South...I must get my lil paws on "The Majorettes are back in town" sounds like a hoot to read...Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions for new reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacquie....So far, I just adore it!!!! I so relate to her tales of the South!

      Delete
  2. Betsy, Good that you are finding some fun books. I love the covers. I am not into cook books and recipes so much ,as I am trying my best to get out of cooking every chance I get. LOL But oh boy I would love to make those crab cakes. Growing up, we had NO books in our home ( bibles, yes)...occasionally a magazine. So I have a love of books. I will get some of my old decorating books, art books and just go thru them ..to see the lovely pictures or refresh my memory on something. Books are treasures. My first book, to own was "To Kill A Mockingbird", I have given it to my daughter. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie..no books in your home? I have never heard of that! Glad you grew to love books...they are always a treasure! Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have some wonderful books to get lost in, while waiting for Spring. I can just see you sitting by the fire with a quilt over your nap, a good book and a hot cup of tea. Enjoy!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....Oh Connie...I had to laugh...No, that would not be me.....totally not me. Perhaps a glass of wine, but no cup of tea or a a lap quilt!!!! Wowza!!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the Sophistication Sisters. Also, I have spent many hours and too much money at Sharla's. Enjoy your weekend, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! I just adore this book! Yes Sharla's is one of my favorites....all year round'! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.