May 12, 2024

MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND

MOTHER'S DAY WEEKEND 2024



Hello kindred spirits....
I hope you all enjoyed being honored and pampered
to a special Mother's Day Sunday....
perhaps you received flowers, chocolates, fragrance,
went to dinner or had the love and attention
from your children...how lovely to just enjoy
time spent with those you love....

The weather was near perfect here in the great state of Texas....
on the cool side, breezy with a bit of sun.....
we spent much of the time outdoors, continuing to lay mulch
and listen to the sounds of nature....
the day could not have been lovelier....



Mae's memorial garden is looking spectacular....



This will always make me feel she is still near....I miss her so.....



The boys grilled up some seriously delicious steaks...
along with Caesar Salad, divine herbed mashed potatoes, asparagus and french bread...



Just look at this stunning floral bouquet I was gifted....beyond beautiful...
I am so grateful....



This gorgeous candle from Bath and Body is a show stopper
in appearance as well as scent....



The refreshing Charleston Brunch Punch was loved by all....



Don't you just love a Sunday morning brunch?



Rather than quiche or a frittata. we chose eggs over easy...
a family favorite....



And, my fresh berry cream cheese puff pastry



I love making these for any occasions....



And oh honey....
the creamiest buttered grits ever.....
Jim Dandy is my favorite brand for grits....



Bacon and prime rib sausage....



and oh my....the best Strawberry Custard Cake
was the perfect ending to Saturday night dinner...
compliments of the bakery of HEB


How very blessed we are as a family...
it's a rainy Sunday and it's time to get cozy...
See y'all next time where we can talk about
our summer gardens... 



4 comments:

  1. Betsy, Your Mother's Day looked like perfection! I know you enjoyed all of your company. The food looks divine. Thanks for always sharing pieces of your home, flowers, gifts and your life with us. You are truly special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very sweet Alice...what a grand name you have...always appreciate your visit and I so hope your weekend was lovely and special as well.

      Delete
  2. Hi Betsy,

    What a nice Mother's Day you had! That meal sounds delicious -- Yummm! Your bouquet of flowers is beautiful and so is your candle. I, too, had a wonderful Mother's Day -- just love my husband and son!! :D Would you want to share your recipe for the cream cheese and berries puff pastries? They look wonderful!

    Thanks for your recent visit, Betsy. I hope you have a great week.

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had fun celebrating Mother's Day. You were very blessed to have family with you.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.