February 22, 2024

SPRING SIMPLICITY and LAVENDER LEMONADE

There is an art to planting a garden....
is there really?
Well, I suppose there are often times a plan is sketched out
with a designer's eye....but then there are those
that scatter the seeds in the wind...and see what
transforms into an English style garden...... 


I am feeling the love of lemon yellow.....
A new wreath and garden flag will begin the season.....


Now this will definitely put us in the mood to welcome
warmer days and look forward to afternoons sipping lemonade on the patio....


A new garden flag to place among the Four O' Clocks....


This year I am adding pops of bright yellow to the floral pillows....



I order my outdoor pillow covers from Amazon...
these are so well made and should weather quite nicely over summer.....


What to plant for Spring and Summer.....????
These have been my tried and true favorites for our
Texas gardens........



I think we all have certain favorites of annuals and perennials....
I plan to repeat the Plumbago, Lantana and Morning Glories....


These did beautifully throughout the summer season....


And I LOVE my Buddha figurines.....
they bring a feeling of peace and zen to our outdoor living space....


Mae Mobley's garden space will always be a 
remembrance of her pure love and beauty....


I am planting daylilies in the large patio pots by the pool....



Along with Sun Patients.....



and Purple Iris....

I look forward to visiting the Farmer's Market,
burning a spring candle,,,dying Easter eggs
and creating a patio picnic....
For fragrance I love a light floral with
hints of leather and cedar.....

I have a lovely spring midi dress with
colors of peach and soft yellows.....
how perfect for the cocktail hour sipping on Lavender Lemonade


It's the coziness of spring and summer..
warm, light and airy...welcoming us to come outside....


2 comments:

  1. Your daylilies are such a pretty color for Spring and Summer. And the row of Sun Patients are gorgeous. Your new pillows are very nice. I've always loved the color Yellow for this season. Your lemon wreath is delightful, Betsy. No signs of Spring here yet, we may even get some more snow. Our Springs always come a bit later in the mountains. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my!! That lavender lemonade!!! I am drawn to yellow, too, this year! I know I will use a lot of it in the gazebo and maybe in my sewing room, as well! I planted a good many bulbs last year and they are starting to bloom!!
    I love taking a cup of coffee outside to see what has happened with them!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.