October 19, 2023

APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE


Hello Kindred Spirits and Autumn Lovers....
It's time to get cozy, enjoy a lovely cup of Hazelnut coffee and
bake a divine APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE!!!
This is the first time I have used this recipe and put my own
little spin on the original and boy, it was a five star winner here at Estelle's!



The original recipe calls for a yellow boxed cake mix,
but I decided to try it with the Cinnamon Swirl mix...
absolutely delicious...



Fall and Winter are just the best ever seasons for baking good things
for your family...it evokes feelings of love and warmth from the heart of the home....

APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUT CAKE
One box Yellow Cake Mix
3/4 cup apple cider (I used Martinelli's)
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cinnamon applesauce
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 T. vanilla
1 T. brown sugar

BUTTER CINNAMON TOPPING
1/4 cup melted butter
Cinnamon-Sugar (1/8 cup sugar with 2 T. cinnamon)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, 
combine cake mix, apple cider, water and eggs.
Add in the cinnamon, brown sugar and vanilla
and beat for two minutes with hand or stand mixer.
Pour batter into a well greased bundt pan.
Bake for 45 minutes.

Allow cake to cool for 20 minutes.
Invert on serving plate,
then brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar!



This is a "must make" for the season...hope y'all enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks so moist and Yummy, Betsy. I wish I had a slice to go with my coffee right now. It's a dessert that welcomes the Autumn season. Anything with cinnamon is wonderful to me. You always serve your baked goodies on pretty plates too. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... just wish I had a piece right this minute. Michael and I was going to buy some cider on our way across Va. and Tn. but somehow never ran across any. I'd love to make that cake... hope I can find some cider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delicious made with cider from the orchard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be printing this off to make soon!! Another winner! WINNER!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.