July 27, 2023

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Oh.....Good Morning Kindred Spirits....
now you didn't think I would let July
go by without a CHRISTMAS IN JULY post did you?
The holidays will be upon us before you know it
and it's lovely to plan and dream about....
here are a few inspirational photos to put us in the mood
and create a list of ideas..... 



This porch swing is just perfection.....
I can feel the cold blowing off the newly fallen snow
and the crunch of ice beneath my boots....
perhaps warming my hands on a cup of hot chocolate....



Most staircases are located just inside the front door
and how lovely it is to dress the banister in holiday greenery.....
this look is so very elegant.....



This idea for a centerpiece is genius....
I think I am going to try to fashion something similar
on the farmhouse table....using battery operated candles....



How many of you enjoy using tartan plaid at Christmas?
I love this look for the kitchen...and the use of pinecones....LOVE IT!!!!


I love this look for the formal dining room....
the red seat cushions on the dining chairs
and the sheer elegance of the tablescape....
it's a subtle Christmas look which I so admire....


Oh, and the Primitive style of décor...
I have always loved Primitive home goods....
it's warm and aged with a warm heart feel.....
I think it reminds me of my grandparents.....
I have quite a few pieces of Primitive from
the Gooseberry Patch catalog days....



I adore this buffet style for a festive Christmas Eve.....
who would have thought to include blue dinnerware....
this is just so fun and lovely.....


I love tabletop trees and these are just adorable....
a true country vibe for an entry way...


And when it comes to an elegant sweet ending....
these Cranberry Panna Cotta's are calling my name.....
I am going to be serving these on Christmas Day....

Thanks for joining in the fun today....
Can you hear the sleigh bells ringing?

4 comments:

  1. I was just wishing for Fall and here you come with Christmas and changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Love it. These are all great ideas. I love that first photo and everything about it. It's one of my favorite sayings at Christmastime. All the tables are very nice, but the Nutcrackers are calling out to me, as they are so delightful. I know what you mean about the primitive style decor - it reminds me of the pioneer days, which I appreciate so much. The candles and pots and greenery is a lovely idea too. And Yes, red plaid at Christmastime.....and Fall! Thanks for all these great ideas, Betsy. I really enjoyed this post on this Sunday afternoon.

    ~Sheri

    ps.....I've been watching Christmas shows lately. I guess I've been thinking of Christmas too. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as the thought of all the Xmas work it entails makes me a lil nauseous right now…..I just screen shot that first pic of porch swing!!!! Mine is going to look just like that this yr….now I really need that sign!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maxc....I think you may be referring to receiving Estelle's via email....I have never had a newsletter....if so, Blogger stopped the function of email notifications some time ago. I am not sure why they dropped that function but you can always come directly to my website to read the posts...I know I certainly love having you visit..hope you are planning on a beautiful autumn season!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.