July 25, 2022

CLOSING OUT JULY 2022...SUMMER GARDEN AND RECIPES THAT WERE FAVORITES

Good Morning Loves.....
I don't know about you,
but I am ready to put summer, in the review mirror! 
The heat has been pretty brutal and some of our
plants have just struggled every day despite
watering them twice a day!
But, I wanted to capture those that continue
to thrive and add beauty to our home!!!!!



I have planted Four O' Clocks in most all of our homes.
They are just lovely and delicate in their appearance!



They come in a variety of colors
and bloom in the evening, between 4 and 8 PM.



If you are looking for a lovely ornamental plant,
then try planting Four O' Clocks in your garden!



Now, let's talk Zinnias!!!
This has been the first time I have planted Zinnias
and they have brought us tremendous joy
this summer!
I started these from seeds and they have thrived all season!!







The color variety is just stunning!
These have proven themselves to be a real winner in the garden!



And lo and behold, after six years,
my Trumpet Vine finally decided to bloom!
Never give up  is my motto!



And lastly, we have a pumpkin vine growing ladies and gents!
What a surprise to us.....
obviously this started from a seed left in the ground,,
from a pumpkin we had sitting here last fall.....now that's exciting!!!



FOOD FARE



Lemon Ricotta Pancakes



These are delicious!
They are light, fluffy and have just a touch lemon!
These are featured at The Four Seasons and if you would like to try
making them, I have provided you the recipe link below!

LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES




Peach Hand Pies

It's always been my thought, that you must make a peach dessert
during summer.
Normally, it's peach cobbler, but this year, it was the HAND PIES!
Recipe is linked below!
FRIED PEACH PIES




Okay, when was the last time you enjoyed a Hot Fudge Sundae?
You will want to save this recipe....
it's simply delicious!!!!!



I have a fun summer brunch coming up
and then, I am turning my thoughts to the fall season.....
it's time to dream, bake and decorate for the best season of the year!
I hope you're as excited as I am!
My hope is that when you visit Estelle's, you come away
with a recipe you would like to try, some décor that inspires you
and that you have a smile on your face and a pep in your step!!
Sending love to each of you....you're just amazing!

















3 comments:

  1. Well, no, I am not quite as excited as you are about fall. I am sure that I would be if I had had your summer, however. My summer has been one of those idyllic ones in the weather department.

    Those peach hand pies sound so yummy and are really making me wish...

    Have a beautiful week and may the weather moderate in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are nearly to autumn! Incredible! Peaches are just coming into season here (the freestone peaches anyway) and I will try your hand pie recipe! I can't get enough of peaches!

    Your flowers are looking good, in spite of the heat! We had four o'clocks at my childhood home. They are pretty! I'm glad you planted zinnias this year! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe.....and I feel you about this terrible summer heat - with no end in sight! Good grief!
    I will plan on planting zinnias next year! I've had Four 'O Clocks in the past....perhaps again next spring.
    The hot fudge sundae reminded me of the time I bought two - one for me and one for Amber - when she was pregnant with the quads. It was hot in Katy, Texas and they melted before I got them to the house. We still ate them - or sipped them!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.