November 14, 2021

SET A WELCOMING TABLE FOR THANKSGIVING

 

Welcome Kindred Spirits.....
I know you must be putting the finishing touches
within your home for Thanksgiving Day!
It is such a beautiful time of year isn't it?
This tree in our backyard is the most fall color
we have for the season and each year, I take her picture
to capture all the beauty that nature has given us........

This moment in time really spoke to me..........
the house was quiet and the warm afternoon sun was 
shining through the entryway....
I felt grateful......for our home, for our family
and for reminding me of my grandparents whom this chair belonged to.....
I know I miss those who have passed before us very deeply
during the holidays......

Most of the children will be coming home for Thanksgiving
within the coming days and I want both the kitchen
and the dining room to be festive and welcoming....
so today, I began setting the kitchen farmhouse table
with all the essentials for a lovely tablescape!

We started layering.....a beautiful new tablecloth......

A favorite new table runner......

A pair of darling brass squirrels....

A gorgeous candle from Homeworx,
CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST...
Notes of Toasted Brioche, grated cinnamon and nutmeg,
sprinkled with powdered sugar

A lovely butter dish....for all the homemade bread
coming from the oven.....


Carefully selected pumpkins to create a lovely
garland centerpiece.....


A trio of candlesticks.....
you know it's always good to group in threes....


This year, I brought out some past favorites
which were from the Better Homes and Gardens collection
years ago....

Then the cloth napkins, the silverware and goblets were added.....


I probably loved creating this tablescape more than any other....
Just loved the colors and selecting each piece....


This is where casual family dinners are enjoyed....



So much good comes of sitting down to a meal
with the people we love.
This Thanksgiving, we couldn't
be more grateful for all we have to celebrate!



12 comments:

  1. You have achieved warm and welcoming and then some. The tablecoth is delightful with the handsome turkey on the side. It is very nice to have the top neutral with the sides decorated. The butter dish is darling, too. You must be beside yourself with the excitement of seeing the family come home for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee...I hope YOUR Thanksgiving is warm and lovely....full of family and loved ones...as you share delicious dinner...hugs and warm blessings!

      Delete
  2. Your Thanksgiving table is lovely and one can tell it was created in love....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As will yours be....Linda and her lovely family...may it be a very blessed day for you all!

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful. Your new tablecloth is dreamy. Will you actually leave the table set and then use it when needed? I love a table already set with all the plates, chargers, glassware, etc., but then what? Do you use it then wash everything and reset? Please let me know what you do! I plan to set my table early next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to laugh a bit Miss Dishywoo....truth be told, this is a moment in time for a photo session..once the big ole' boys come for dinner....we clear the table for comfort....but they do appreciate the festive décor when the arrive! Wishing you and those you love a beautiful Thanksgiving Day!

      Delete
  4. Oh Betsy, what a lucky family you have! Your table is so beautiful. I absolutely love your centerpiece! But what struck me was the photo of your Grandparent's chair. I also have an old Windsor chair which belonged to my Grandmother. This time of year is so full of memories of our families, especially those who have passed. I think it so important to remember with love and try to create new traditions for our kids and their kids to have when we're gone. You do that so very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing this Ellen....what a treasure to have your Grandmother's Windsor chair! Thank you for such sweet and kind comments...I wish you a lovely THANKSGIVING DAY!

      Delete
  5. I’m so happy that you’ll be with family this year! Your table is beautiful and so welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna....wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving Day..hugs from Texas!

      Delete
  6. as warm and welcoming as always here at Estelle's!
    the leaves in our city have finally turned. the air is crisp and cold!
    the gorgeous reds and golds are everywhere.
    I'm excited for you! having your loved ones for Thanksgiving.
    it's a blessing to just Know you Betsy! thank you for your wonderful blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy, I can just imagine all the beautiful fall color..you must be loving it! I just love you and your kind heart....wishing you a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.