April 4, 2020

SMALL THINGS OF COMFORT....STAYING CONNECTED


I am really sad....sad that we will not be gathering together
for our traditional Easter dinner this year....
who would have ever thought we would be dealing with this Pandemic
when we were celebrating the beginning of 2020?
But, we will be grateful that the two of us can make
it special and pretty....fresh flowers are going to be a splurge....
and I plan to watch Easter Church Service on line....

The days are becoming our new normal but a bit long....
these are small things that provide comfort.......


This is the beautiful day that the Lord has made......
sunrise on April 1st, 2020.....


Everything is a beautiful Spring green....
and I am hearing the sound of the lawn mowers....
I will always love that sound.....
somehow it's comforting...
like Summer days when you were a kid.....


I know a de-stressor for Luke the Duke and Miss M
is taking a break from on-line tests and taking
walks in the woods......


And yes....there have been a few meltdowns regarding
online tests.....


This is our current puzzle....
I hear that many people are discovering the fun of 
jigsaw puzzles.....

These times have put people back in their kitchens
and creating some marvelous foods....
I have loved seeing this....so let's talk about it......


Oh, yes indeed....we always have a box of chocolates on hand.....


Simple comfort foods....
such as hot oatmeal with bananas and cinnamon-sugar



We have been loving soups for lunch...
I made a gorgeous and yummy pot of Cabbage Roll Soup..
I could eat this everyday.....and probably will for the next week.....


A mid-afternoon treat often calls for a Vanilla Latte.....


Buccatini with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms and Basil


Katherine Hepburn Brownies....yes, his favorites!


Do you think we will all look back at this time and
think it was our story of heartbreaking loss, redemption and restoration?


5 comments:

  1. We all will surely have a story to tell. Your story is a lovely one in spite of the stresses. Luke’s note to his mom delighted me. He knows how to communicate and he knows how to spell “allowed.” 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, thanks for sharing your heart and home and your delicious foods!
    And yes, this post made me smile! Loved the thoughts on hearing the lawn mower and how it reminded you of your childhood.
    Blessngs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not Jewish. but I've had many friends of that faith. and the thought has crossed my mind in these days... that those who survived that horrible World War II and had families in the death camps who often didn't...
    they managed to live through it all. and they came to America and made movies that we love! and they made us laugh! to this day their DNA is in people like Carl Reiner and Mel Blanc and so many others too numerous to name... they can still make us laugh.
    this too shall pass. and the world may just be a better place because of it! I hope so. I hope it helps us find our humanity in kindness. and love. for all people everywhere. and our small beautiful planet.
    and I loved your videos. but then I always DO! xoxo and little Luke's note is priceless!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ms betsy.....may I PLEASE come to your house to eat ALL of that deliciousness????? I'm running out of ideas..haven't cooked so much since my little boys were living at home...
    Recipe for the cabbage roll soup please??????? And some brownies in the mail???? that pasta.....OMG...my hubs doesn't like pasta at all so I hardly ever have it unless he's gone.....I could eat it every dingle dangle day!!!!!
    Just love your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh.....and I just had two puzzles delivered to me. 1000 piece of a sailing scene....it's been a long long long time since I've done a puzzle. But it always seems like it soothes ya'll!!! So, here I go!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.