November 4, 2019

NOT YO' MAMA'S BANANA PUDDING...GONNA WANT SECONDS!


I miss Paula Deen!!!!
Yes, I do....
I loved Paula's cooking show when she first began
on Food Network....
My boys love Banana Pudding....
there are two recipes I always use....
the warm version on the Nilla Wafer box....
and 
Miss Paula's cold version....
I warn you that you just may start talking with 
a slight southern accent once you taste this.......

NOT YO' MAMA'S BANANA PUDDING
1 (12-oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups milk
1 (5-oz) box instant French vanilla pudding mix
6 to 8 bananas, sliced, toss with lemon juice to keep fresh
2 bags chessmen cookies


Allow cream cheese to soften to room temperature


In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix
 and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. 

Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and
 condensed milk together and mix until smooth.


 Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture
 and stir until well blended. 
 Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.


Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch dish 
with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.


Pour the pudding mixture over the cookies and bananas and 
cover with the remaining cookies.



 Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Serving size? One cookie or two?


It's a winner...perfect for a weekend delight!
We LOVE you Paula!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love Banana pudding! This recipe sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! This looks so good . . . I'm a woman with a tremendous sweet tooth, but this is a zero calorie recipe, right? LOL Cute cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good and fast to prepare. I've never seen those cookies before. We probably don't have them in Canada. I'm sure other cookies will do as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty too. I love everything that is used to make banana pudding but I really don't care for it. My kids and hubby love it. Strange huh? :) I love the new header pics. So autumn ! Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the recipe I use too....the grands LOVE it. But I've never thought of using another cookie besides the vanilla wafers...this is just too cute!!!! Definitely going to do this one for thanksgiving!!! You just come up with the best ideas!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.