May 26, 2019

SUMMER IS HERE!


3:00 PM....school's out for the Summer......


The Divine Miss M helped out for the 5th grade graduation....
students will now attend 6th grade at a different school...they grow up so fast....


Luke the Duke was blessed with the most fantastic teacher this year...
thank you Mrs. Mattox!!!
This is Miss M's message she shared on her Facebook post!

I don’t mean to brag but Luke and I hit the teacher lottery this year. She pushed him to do better, worked with him on his challenges, championed him, somehow appreciated his personality and humor (most of the time 😉), and kept him in line. No small feat! I adore her for all she did for him. And me! Teachers have an impossible job but she without a doubt made our year! She’s also wicked funny! Love you,
Laura Mattox! ðŸ’–💖



I love seeing that 10 year old little boys will happily celebrate the start of Summer
by running in the sprinklers!!!!


Our son and his family flew over to Atlanta for a football conference
and I am so happy they have planned a camping trip next week....
siblings and family enjoying the start of Summer.....


It seems like Piper Rose is loving all this attention!


Entertaining and hosting company right now will be a bit
of a challenge as their home renovation is still underway.
The new updated laundry room has been completed....



They are having a total master bath renovation and boy...it's 
going to be stunning!!!
They chose this gorgeous light fixture which is a 
combination ceiling fan plus chandelier!


We were over the moon happy that Rob drove
up from Austin for the weekend....


I found some summer items I love from the Pioneer Woman....
my gosh I so love her collection!


We are still updating the patio and gardens....
it was a lovely cool morning to enjoy the first cup of coffee....


Listening to the birds sing and seeing the sunrise....


We brought out the new patio rug and new pillows...
all gorgeous shades of blue....


The new patio umbrella went up....


We are loving the new landscaping....
I just hope and pray we can keep it going during
the summer heat.....

3 comments:

  1. How fun was that video?!? Your grandson sounds like he is such a joy and so much fun! I love how your daughter shares her life with you long distance and with great photos! Your garden area looks beautiful and I love your outdoor furniture. We need to get some once we get our gazebo back up.
    Happy kick off to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bus was a hoppin’...bus driver will be happy for summer break, too. Teachers like Luke’s make the world a better place! Hope that everyone has a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 26, 2019

    such a sweet joyous post! from the first little video which was so exciting... to the very end and the beautiful patio. it looks to be a great summer for your Luke and your own relaxing by the pool!
    I was blown away by the spike heels and the wedge sandals on 10 year old girls!!! not sure I'm ready for that! my gosh. they're not even teenagers yet!
    it seemed more natural seeing the little boys at ten playing in the sprinklers! I loved that!
    maybe I just want them to stay little as long as they can. and young girls seem to all look like they're about to graduate from High School these days! I'm just out of sync I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.