May 29, 2019

SUMMER .HIGHLIGHTS FROM ATLANTA, LIVING OUTDOORS, FOOD AND ENTERTAINMENT


The football conference held at Georgia Tech was a huge success.
Everyone was up bright and early to be in downtown Atlanta
both Saturday and Sunday!
I think Noah's participation in this select club has been
beneficial for him as his skills just continue to improve!
I know Luke the Duke is so very happy to have a visit with his cousins!




By Noon, they were all starved so this called for
a lunch date at The Varsity!


Our big summer project in redesigning our backyard space
is just about completed!


Amazon has a wealth of options in pillow covers
at very afforadable prices, so if you need a new look
for this season, you may want to check them out!
It's a real money saver not having to purchase new pillows!


We were blessed to have our youngest home over Memorial Day
and he was wonderful to help us plant new flowers and lift heavy pavers....


I love my little Zen dish garden.....


Do you ever notice how beautiful outdoor spaces lift your spirits?


Our weather has been in the 80's so it's been perfect sitting ourside on the patio...


Just chillin' and listening to the birds reminds me so much
of Summer at our Grandparents.....
we would sit all day on their front porch watching the world go by...


The vibrant colors of Summer.....


My sweet little flamingo looks pretty happy in the new garden space!


We also added this new bird feeder/bird bath


I feel my choice in a corner tree was a good one...
it's beginning to bloom so this gorgeous pop of purple
will be shown all summer right into fall.....
This is a Vitex Castus.


I have one more pot to prepare
so I want to grow some favorites from seeds...
I usually have pretty good results doing this!


Oh the foods of Summer....
Yes, we had warm apple pie for breakfast!


Strawberries!
Over cereal, in smoothies, and over ice cream.....


Fire up the grill for fresh corn on the cob and Shish-K-Bob!


I have favorite old movies on my playlist....
starting with The Help....watching little Mae Mobley!


And...it's a great time to pick some patriotic puzzles...
a wonderful thing to do on a hot summer afternoon....


Happy Summer Y'all!!!

10 comments:

  1. Your yard looks great! How nice of your son to help with that. Glad the family is enjoying summertime activities...football...I’d be lost.
    Funny story about sitting on the porch and watching the world go by. My daughter-in-law is so frustrated by her neighbors who do this watching her every move. She says that she is the only “world” going by. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vee...that is rather odd...a bit unnerving!Perhaps her neighbors need entertaining!!! Hope you are off to the start of a beautiful summer!

      Delete
  2. What a great post- You have such a beautiful family and how great it is to be able to spend time with them.
    Your yard, gardens are beautiful and you are so lucky to have that little retreat to get away from the stresses of everyday life. Love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Diana....I feel very fortunate to have this space...no vacation this year..perhaps a mini one.....what plans do you have for this summer?

      Delete
  3. Love your beautiful outdoor living space! It’s like your very own personal park!
    The videos were great! Love how all of your family love and keep up with each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Linda...it would be fine with me if we all lived next door to each other....the visits are too far apart....love seeing life's adventures with Linda and her LD!

      Delete
  4. Lookin GOOD! I envy that pool of yours although I live on a lake so that makes little sense. Grass is always greener kind of a deal I guess. Ha! We have one thing in common...the cute cow planter! Love it. Uhh, and I may have gotten the chicken choice, too. Couldn't make up my mind so I got both. I'm guilty of that kind of behavior more then I care to admit. ��

    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tobe! Did you really buy the cow and chicken? They are so cute aren't they? I bought the cow as it was representative of Texas! Hope you are enjoying the start to Summer! Hugs from me to you!

      Delete
  5. I love your outdoor space, it looks so relaxing and beautiful! I love seeing the updates of your children and grandchildren. It is hard when they life far away, I know because I live half way across the country from my family and grandkids. But social media is always a great way to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments Elizabeth! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us this Summer! Wishing you a great weekend!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.