May 20, 2018

GRADUATION CELEBRATIONS BEGIN


We have reason to be full of joy and celebrate 
Granddaughter Abbie this week.
Today we will be attending Baccalaureate services
as we send these high school seniors 
on to their chosen colleges and futures.

The graduation ceremony will be held on Thursday evening
and our big Texas Barbecue will be hosted on Saturday evening.
Family will be flying in from near and far...
so this is an extremely busy week for us.
I am in charge of "the cake table",
so today I will share what the theme will be
and a sneak peek of the floral arrangements.


Abbie's chosen floral was the SUNFLOWER...
she has always adored them and they are a bit
whimsical, just like her darling personality!
The first step was to design the glass canning jars
using various ribbons and embellishments.
I am placing each arrangement on a white charger
with yellow doilie accents on top of a royal blue placemat.


Miss M helped me design her cake
which is going to be two tiered.
I have high hopes it is going to be so cute and taste divine.....



I thought it best to play around with flowers I picked
up at Kroger yesterday to see how each arrangement would
come together...I think it turned out great!


I am really pleased with the color combination
which are royal blue and yellow....
her high school colors are royal blue and white,
as is her college!


This is a close up of the ribbons used...
burlap ribbon is so versatile these days
and can be found stylish for weddings and all
kinds of celebrations.....


Yellow daisies are a great accent flower
to the sunflower......


I think these are casual, yet beautiful.... 


The lantern swag was completed also, so I 
think the cake table is going to come together very nicely
for her party....it's going to be a grand time
with all her friends and family attending.


CONGRATS ABBIE GIRL!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to beautiful Abbie. I loved all your pretty arrangements. That accent ribbon is perfect. I love the sunflower also. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very sweet of you Susie....we feel very blessed to have such a sweet granddaughter...time is flying by..you know that feeling? Hugs for a lovely week ahead.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to Abbie! How fun to have your family planning the party and working together. Our son will graduate from college August 11th. Can't wait for that party. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stacey. Congratulations to your son for achieving such a huge goal...it's a wonderful time!

      Delete
  3. AnonymousMay 20, 2018

    all beautiful!
    as always!
    and time does fly by. and these days and occasions are precious. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy...so loved your visit...have a lovely week!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to your granddaughter. I surely see your Miss M in her. The decorations are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Patricia....so appreciate your sweet comments....have a great week!

      Delete
  5. I know you are enjoying her party right now! It all looks lovely, beautiful colors together, and how fun that so many family members are flying in to celebrate her! Is she the oldest of the grands?

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.