February 9, 2024

SMALL WAYS TO ENJOY WINTER HYGGE

Hello Kindred Spirits...
I feel this is the last of Winter as the days roll by...
those who live in the northeast must be feeling those
winter blues somewhat with all the snow and ice...
we tend to stay indoors more during the colder months
and our spirits can use a bit of refresh...
it's something we can all benefit from...
Today, I am sharing a few minimal ways I
soothe my mind and body......



I enjoy keeping a bowl of fresh citrus on the dining table....
the colors are so vibrant and fresh and it also serves
as a reminder to have a healthy snack 



I use this time to refresh the kitchen linens....
adding something bright and colorful can bring a true happiness....


Talk about heartwarming....
making a lovely big pot of homemade vegetable beef soup...
the aroma of soup simmering on the stove all day
will make your family full of happy anticipation for dinner.....



I so enjoying trying a new recipe to add to my favorites....
baking can be so therapeutic..
today I decided on a scrumptious Butter Pecan Pound Cake....



Try adding a lovely wax warmer to your entryway....
it certainly can set the mood for a cozy home feel.....



Look for the winter limited edition line of bath products...
more luxurious and moisturizing during winter months....



Try a rich vanilla body cream after a pedicure and then
slip into some cozy socks for around the house.....


For the evening, I like changing out a glass of wine
with a refreshing mocktail.....
this is so crisp and light...
a mix of limeade, coconut spritzer and fresh lime.....



Take note when the fur babies find a sun puddle in the afternoon....
wasn't this a beautiful day?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,

    Our dogs always had a way of finding the sunbeams -- so sweet. :) I love all the skin products for winter; we certainly need them, don't we? I love your idea of putting citrus fruits on the table, and your table linens are sooo pretty.

    Hope you have a good weekend, my friend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good ideas for the Winter days. Yes, sometimes just buying some new dish towels can bring a smile to the heart. I love that oven mitt. Your vegetable beef stew looks delicious. Soups and stews are perfect for these cold days. I also have oranges on hand. They are so good for us, and I love their cheerful color. And my mom used Nivea cream every day. Thanks for the special memory of her. I so enjoy your posts, Betsy. They are always heartwarming.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Betsy. I can sense the warmth and love of your home as you are hunkered down for the rest of the wintery months. It is really cold and windy here today. Yesterday we broke records with temps around 50ish. Crazy. I can't wait until Spring. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a beautiful day, indeed. Cloudy here but it did not rain, a bit windy so that brought the temps down but I just feel so blessed to wake up every morning and greet the day. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm.....but I'd just have to add a lil vodka to that spritzer!!! I'm making soup just like that today on this rainy day...so ready for spring and the BEACH!! That cake looks scrumptious....I made a cake for hub's birthday last week.....The Do Nothing Cake! Look up The Southern Lady Cooks....you'll love their site...they're twins! This cake was so easy and delicious! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in the Northeast the sun has finally come out - we had weeks of gray weather, which is always guaranteed to give me the blues. The sunshine makes all the difference! I buy bodega flowers every week, and burn candles even in the daytime for a little cheer ;)

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.