December 3, 2023

WE NEED A LITTLE CHRISTMAS, RIGHT THIS VERY MOMENT

 

Hello and Merry Christmas!
I have been packing away fall decorations and taking my time
in bringing touches of the Christmas season throughout our home......
My thoughts begin to change about decorating....
I have watched so many You Tube videos and Instagram pics
where many have gone over the top with their decor.....
it's no longer touches of holiday favorites....it must be Pinterest worthy....
I am following in the footsteps of Mother and have enjoyed every minute....
So here we go, with some of my minimalist holiday items.....



The bar cart is decorated in the theme of the Nutcracker....


I love each and every piece of this little corner in the dining room....



I custom ordered this gorgeous tea towel from ETSY....


I am thrilled to add this gorgeous platter to Mother's sideboard....
a vintage Fitz and Floyd find....



These darlings belonged to my Grandmother Estelle....
I treasure these pieces....


I also added this Jim Shore Santa to my collection



I wanted to keep the dining room table simple this year....
I am in love with the new table runner......



The Windsor chair is showcasing this beautiful faux fur throw
and fleece pillow...throw is from Walmart and the pillow
was from Target many years ago....



This precious little sign is a $2.00 find from Walmart!



This is my handsome little beach Santa which has been placed
on the piano...he is in honor of our favorite family beach trips....



Another inexpensive Walmart find...I love this...



It's been so fun putting out just a few favorites....
no more going up and down the stairs for me....
I have not worried about the blog or taking the perfect photo...
I just want to relax and be present in all the moments...
Today, I am decorating the tree...


Little Lucy has brought us so much joy and laughter....
she is tiny with a huge personality....
I hope you are enjoying the start of the Christmas season at your home....



4 comments:

  1. I love every photo! Sometimes less is more.....not that this has ever happened for me since I am a mad woman when it comes to decorating and I can't seem to help myself. So I just go with it. Although this year I am NOT using every single ornament or decoration. Nor have I bought new other than in my thrifting throughout the year. So far I only have the bedrooms, hall and bathrooms to do as well as the gazebo - all of which will have to wait until the weekend as Amber and Mike are leaving tomorrow for a week in Croatia. We will be on duty until Thursday afternoon when the other set of grandparents take over until Sunday morning when we return to pick them up for church. We will bring them here for Sunday and all back to their house for Monday school pick up and drop off and dinner. Then we come home late that night.

    Every year I decorate differently - much as you do only not as elegant as yours. It makes me happy and although it is a lot of work - it is so worth it to me.

    Merry Christmas, Betsy! Will be mailing out the last of my Christmas cards this week. I remember when you came for my Christmas Tea one year long ago now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda it always amazes me how busy you are...as you know, I find your decorating skills top notch...it's a magical wonderland at your home....beautiful and fun treasures of the holidays...yes, I only wished we had more time to visit at your tea....and I must tell you, my granddaughter fell in love with your Santa painting from last year....I may have to gift it to her....

      Delete
  2. I think that's the best part of decorating.....putting our favorite things out which bring us joy and those that have been passed down to us by our loved ones. I love all your Christmas goodies. My daughters see the Nutcracker every year, so that is special in our family. I love your Nutcracker cup. That throw from Walmart looks so soft and comfy. Your Nutcracker pieces are delightful, and I think my favorite thing is Grandmother Estelle's figurines. They look so old and dear.

    Merry Christmas season to you, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps.....I have that same stand that holds your Nutcracker plate. ; )

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.