September 5, 2023

A WELCOME HOME PARTY TO KICK OFF THE FALL SEASON




Hello Loves....I so hope you enjoyed your Labor Day weekend....
Now, if you were paying close attention.....it was pleasant weather here in Texas
in the early evening hours....we were able to sit on the patio and pay homage to
the great JIMMY BUFFET by listening to his music while enjoying a cold glass of wine....
On Sunday morning, it was overcast with a tiny sprinkle of raindrops...
like I said, you had to pay close attention. But, you see, these are early signs
of the fall season.......the holiday season will be Lucy's firsts....how exciting!



I pulled out an old fall pillow from POTTERY BARN...one I have not used
for some time....it's just what was needed....I am in love all over again....


Our youngest was visiting over the weekend from Austin, AND I wanted
to make his homecoming a bit special as we enter into the new season...
Not over the top Autumn, but just a nod to fall.....



I pulled together a centerpiece in my dough bowl
using a mix of pumpkins, acorns and florals left over
from past years....I rather love how this turned out....



I had told him to arrive hungry...serving up a few easy appetizers for a light lunch....
We toasted in fall by sipping on Pear Nectar and a sparkling Prosecco....



Bubbles up......



Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies



Mini Corn Dog Muffins



BUFFALO RANCH SLOW COOKER MEATBALS



SPINACH ARTICHOKE FRENCH BREAD

These were three easy peasy appetizers that boys seem to enjoy...
It's always fun to see what others serve when throwing a small family gathering....
I feel I am almost through decorating the downstairs and am really
excited to cozy up the bedrooms for cooler weather....
what are your plans for the season? I would love to hear about them.....

 











3 comments:

  1. You spoil your boys and I bet they love it. LOL It all looked so nice and welcoming. I think Texas and many of us will enjoy the fall weather. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I am impatiently waiting for the guys to finish power washing our apt. bldg. They got part of it done and then along came the weekend and Labor Day and guess what... Today was a work day and no show. I had to move all my balcony furniture inside until they finish so you can imagine the mess I have. Sure don't want to decorate for Fall yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl....there you go with more cute paperware!! Always forget to order some until I see what you've brought out! And those corn dog muffins? I saw those this week on IG somewhere and wanted to save it but I guess I didn't cuz can't find. Did you just use like jiffy mix and put the cut hot dog in there? My grands would love those!
    Well, I'm sitting here procrastinating.....needing to get outside to power wash my front porch down so I can fall it up.....but I don't wannnnnnna......so hot, so sore from Pilates and just plain lazy. And I so know that if I'd just go do it, I'd be thru in no time; yet, here I sit just dreading it.....SOOOOOO, I'm gonna say you made me cuz your fall decor is getting me excited!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.