May 7, 2023

LET'S PARTY...THE ENGAGEMENT CELEBRATION

Hello Loves...

it's so good to connect with you once again...
and I have highlights of a celebration to share..
so grab a cup of coffee and let me tell you about
the party and gatherings we had going on lately.....


We were in the Hill Country to attend a surprise party for our
granddaughter and her fiancé..



We spent the  weekend at Horseshoe Bay resort...



This resort is huge and absolutely stunning.....
I would not mind living here I think.....



Isn't the water a gorgeous shade of blue?
and the gentle soothing sound of the fountains....
just glorious....


The darling and me on Sunday morning....



It's a fabulous time to spend one on one time with each of our kiddos....
he's special in every way.....and now,
he will be the Father of the Bride...how quickly time passes....


One of my favorite things to do, is enjoy a leisurely Sunday
breakfast at the hotel.....and it was divine.....

THE ENGAGEMENT PARTY


Cat's Uncle and his wife were the gracious host and hostess
for this surprise  party which was held
in their stunning home in Escondido.....
The newly engaged couple had spent a few days in
Fredericksburg and the groom-to-be had planned this party
for her along with help from Mom and Dad.....



The menu was true Texas style...
smoked pulled pork butt, Mac N' Cheese,
Potato Salad, Baked Beans....a gorgeous Charcuterie and
cocktails of your choice....


The cake ! Oh honey ....a soft vanilla cake with a decadent
raspberry filling.....



Another surprise from the groom-to-be...
these beautiful made to order bakery cookies..
not only beautiful, but personalized and delicious.....



There were vivid and beautiful floral arrangements in every nook and cranny....



Family in attendance...... Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents......
friends....and a new baby girl among the guests.....



Proud and happy grandparents.....



Melissa made a bountiful and delicious charcuterie board....
that pimento cheese was the best ever and I believe it
came from HEB....



Nick preparing his divine smoky pork butt....gosh it was good..



This brass monkey caught my eye in a downstairs bathroom...
it was actually a lamp and just so whimsical and unexpected....



Their beautiful pool area is just adjacent to a gorgeous and huge
patio covered with a lovely pergola and connected to their 
quaint casita.....



It was so good to see how happy the newly engaged couple were.....
it was a marvelous celebration and now on to the wedding planning.....



Congratulations to Brennan and Abbie!




3 comments:

  1. You and the darling look fantastic! I know y'all had a fun time. Thanks for sharing. Alice Parks Monroe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice...what a beautiful name you have! I appreciate your kind comment and hope you enjoyed reading about the celebration....have a wonderful week ahead!

      Delete
    2. The celebration was lovely and I enjoyed the pics. Just so you know, I had to go online and order a Brass Monkey in Blue Velvet Shade from the UK. I ordered the bee pitcher last week. I just enjoy your blog so much and cannot wait every week to your latest one. I am always trying your recipes. My grown children and grands love being my taste testers. You make sunshine for us ladies! Keep up the fantastic work!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.