May 1, 2023

IT'S A START TO SUMMER



It's been just beautiful weather here in Texas....
perfect sunny days to relax on the patio....


The Lilac bush is coming back strong, from last year...
I have planted a variety of seeds in the other containers....
it's exciting to see what I will have in the next few months....

I requested smoked chicken for this weekend....
he grills, and I will make the sides....



We began with my most requested potato salad.....



And, just to amuse myself...I put together
the dinner table using all Pioneer Woman favorites....



This makes a colorful, yet casual summer vibe tablescape,
especially for this menu....



Smoked Chicken
Potato Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Beans


A perfectly delicious Saturday night dinner.....



The Atlanta family enjoyed Spring Break down in Florida
visiting Miss Irma..AKA...Ohio Grandma....



I can see how much they needed rest and relaxation on
this sunset sailing cruise....



Isn't this so beautiful?



We also celebrated our son's birthday with a house full of family and friends....
his request was Strawberry White Chocolate Pie....



Not a crumb was left....



If you are looking for a delicious crockpot appetizer, then
this is one you will love.....



Hawaiian BBQ Meatballs....
one package frozen meatballs
2 cans pineapple tidbits, with juice
1 jar of Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce...
One green pepper and One red pepper
Cook on LOW for 6 hours....


I'm ready for Summer....let's go........





5 comments:

  1. Oh Betsy, I love everything about this post. Are those new Pioneer Woman patterns? I need to add more dinner plates to my collection!
    That strawberry dessert looks amazing, will you please share the recipe?
    Thanks too for the recipe for the meatballs!
    I'm looking forward to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do look ready! I know that I've told you many times that I swoon over your headers and this one is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL as you welcome the summer season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty picture of you!! You are a lovely lady. :) That sure looks like a wonderful vacation your daughter, son-in-law, and Luke took in Florida. Sunset cruises are the best; we took one in Charleston a few years ago. Your table setting looks so pretty -- I especially like the goblets. Would you be willing to share your recipe for the strawberry white chocolate pie? It looks delish.

    Hope you have a great week, Betsy!!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  5. The strawberry white chocolate pie looks incredible! Happy Birthday to your son. I can see why the dessert went fast, it looks so Yummy. Food always look better served on The Pioneer Woman dishes. I love her collection, and have been wanting to check it out lately. A cute picture of your daughter at the beach. She looks relaxed and happy. That smoked chicken looks really good too. And a pretty picture of you, Betsy.

    Happy May!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.