August 8, 2022

OUR FAVORITE BEACH MENU....TUNA MACARONI SALAD AND PEACH PIE



It's no secret that our family loves family beach trips....
we have enjoyed these gatherings for many years...
we play all day....and into the evening...oceanside..... 



I think we never grow tired of enjoying a week at the beach.....



What a fabulous way to have little cousins reconnect...
those lazy summer days of sand and sun....

There is something about the ocean that just seems to melt your troubles away......
So when we come back to the house for the cocktail hour
and dinner.....we love to have a casual meal of 
Tuna Macaroni salad and a sweet ending of summer's best peach pie....

JAY'S TUNA MACARONI SALAD



Large elbow macaroni, 2 cups slightly undercooked
1 can tuna, drained
Whole Sweet Gherkin Pickles, diced
Celery, diced
Three Hard Boiled Eggs
Mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to taste



Here's the secret...don't use pickle relish and don't skimp on the sweet pickles....
cut the pickles in large chunks
Use as much mayonnaise as you prefer....don't overload it with mayo

I don't measure...it all depends on how many people you are serving.....
few ingredients are best.....it's simple and so, so delicious!


While the pie is still baking, I melt butter on the top.....
it's so darn good, you will want it for breakfast the next day!

It's still summer...it's still HOT...enjoy a slice of peach pie!
It's the end of summer y'all....treat yourself to something good!



5 comments:

  1. Oh that salad looks good! Wow! Enjoy your beach time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. You did it to me. Now I am making tuna macaroni salad for dinner. Oh does that look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That salad looks amazing! You've already hooked me on the macaroni salad so I think I can trust you. Lovely description of a week spent at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your recipes! Tuna macaroni salad! Yes, please!
    My Amber just returned from a 10 day stay in a beach house at Gulf Shores and she's now mourning the end of summer....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, Oh that just sounds like a great summer meal. Just being near the beach...the smell of the air, the sound of the water and people, it is the best way to relax. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.