June 6, 2022

HOW TO SUMMER

I just have to ask the  question....
"what in the world happened to Spring?"
Summer started rather early....I mean August temps arrived
in early May!!!!!
So, wherever you find yourself relaxing these days, 
I hope it's a bit cooler than here in the great state of Texas!!!




Well, a few new items from The Pioneer Woman sets the 
vibe for Summer...how totally adorable is this!



I know....I couldn't resist this mug....
who could not smile when sipping morning coffee from this sweet mug?


We are so grateful for our outdoor living space....
it's actually the most peaceful and serene space....
and during the summer and autumn seasons, it's so, so pretty!



I simply adore this hibiscus....and
the herb seeds are beginning to grow...how exciting!


These were planted one year ago,
and seeing the color has just been amazing!


Sunset Coral



These solar lanterns add the most beautiful
light to this area of the pool at night....



These gorgeous flowers make Summer heat
much more tolerable...all that lovely color....


The Morning Glory is thriving...from seeds ...I am thrilled!




I planted the iris bulbs last year....


I adore purple iris and this is quite exciting to me to see it bloom....


There is always something blooming.....


Just stunning


Our Vitex tree has proven to be a real show stopper
and has provided the privacy we needed in this corner of the yard.

.

Creating an outdoor living space can add so much enjoyment
to your days....little touches of things you love placed here and there....

This tiny little bird dish has weathered many a storm.....



I love it when my daylilies finally burst forth....
they always bring back memories of my grandmother's yard....


This is my Daddy's garden statute...
my sister and I bought her for Mother when Daddy passed away.....


It's good to sit quietly with a glass of ice cold tea.....



These little guys are so inquisitive.....



Over in Atlanta, Miss M is sprucing up her
deck with gorgeous blooms....



Aren't these begonias just beautiful?


Even teen boys can remain a little boy at heart when
summer rolls around.....



I think they could swim all day long.....


They created these beautiful Shish Kabobs one evening......



To pair with delicious gilled marinated chicken!

FOOD FARE FROM ESTELLE'S KITCHEN



MEXICAN CORNBREAD


OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT SALAD



Not once, but twice


FRESHLY BREWED ICED TEA





CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS



A light lunch of CHICKEN ALMOND CRESCENT ROLLS
I have made these for years and years....
1 can chicken spread, Underwood
1 T. sliced or slivered almonds
1 T. mayonnaise
A dash of season salt
1 can crescent rolls...
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes



CHOCOLATE  BOURBON PECAN HANDPIES



These were amazingly delicious....just a light hint of Bourbon..


Apple Hand Pies
.Maybe I should open a bakery and sell my Handpies!!!!



The darling and I enjoyed a date night and went to the cinema
to take in the new Downton Abby movie....and I'm telling y'all.....
DON'T MISS THIS ONE!
It was magical, stunning, uplifting and lighthearted....
JUST MARVELOUS!!!!!



Enjoy the Zen.......













 





5 comments:

  1. Oh I have been hearing good things about the new movie.

    Visiting here is always special because you create such lovely posts and feature recipes that one wants to try (easy enough to consider in the first place), and you feature fun, new, affordable items. I'm sorry spring is gone there. It is still beautiful spring here. It is so cool that the lilacs are still hanging on—unheard of this late. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see that movie! I don't think I even saw the first one yet, either!
    I love your garden and flowers! We have been out working hard on ours this year. Louis Dean has redone a large flower bed - enlarged it and we are now planting it - it is partial shade and I am enjoying working out there on it. It's getting hot but we haven't hit 100 degrees yet! At least I don't think we have. I heard my first locust this evening. Now it's officially 'summer!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the Downton movie, and I second your words! Don't miss it!

    I've never seen a Vitex tree but am going to look it up! I love flowering things for summer! So pretty!

    Your handpies look wonderful! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJune 08, 2022

    OH my goodness! where to start? this post is such a total Delight. they all are. but with this one you have captured the Beauty of the entire season! and you know how much I love your 'tiny videos' !!! and more than one this time! thank you! I will come often to this post and enjoy and relax and soak up your sumptuous world.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is gorgeous and inviting, as usual...

    And I would love to see a picture of night time around your pool. The lanterns must make it magical. Oh please do show one. Please and thank you.

    Gentle hugs,
    😊💛😊💛😊💛😊

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.