June 16, 2022

FATHER'S DAY PREPARATIONS

 

Hey y'all...are you ready for the weekend?
Even though the darling and I are retired,
the weekend still seems special to us.
And Sunday is when we honor the Dad's in our lives...
those who sacrifice much for those they love and cherish!
I will tell you, it's dang hot here in Texas and so I needed
to think of something cool, breezy and colorful for this
special Sunday in June!
Honey, we are going TROPICAL..bright, vivid colors
and a menu that I know the boys really love!



Pretty paper napkins


I decided to pull together a few things that will give a tropical vibe
to our celebration and thought it would be really fun to use
a few items I have saved over the years.....
these plates are from the Opalhouse collection from Target...
probably five or six years ago.......



A few tropical candles...here and there.....



This smells heavenly....love lemon scented candles

I thought these would be terrific for holding
dry peanuts and pistachios for snacking.....

Now here's what's on the menu.....



BBQ CHICKEN SLIDERS with
cold, crispy cold slaw.....



CHEESE STUFFED BACON WRAPPED HOT DOGS.....
Mother made these from the time I was six years old....



A cold POOLSIDE DIP served
with LIME CHIPS

and a very special request....




My HEAVEN ON EARTH STRAWBERRY CAKE

I wanted an easy menu as I'm sure
we will be poolside most of the day.....
looks good and sounds good, don't you think?

I'm excited to make this day special
for these terrific and dedicated DAD'S....

I hope you share how you plan to honor
your husband's, brothers and sons.....














2 comments:

  1. I love the way you celebrate! The strawberry dessert is one of my favorites and I will be making it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tropical theme! The strawberry dessert looks so good, but those hot dogs are something I'm going to have to make for my grandson. Who doesn't love bacon? Years ago, I had a meatloaf party. I made a Bobby Flay, Pioneer Woman and a recipe my son found on the bread crumbs can. Everyone loved his the best. My daughter had a bacon party for their friends. Everyone had to bring something with bacon in it. It was interesting and fun to see what people made. Theme parties are so much fun! Happy Father's day!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.