May 9, 2022

MOTHER'S DAY 2022

Good Morning Kindred Spirits....
I hope you all had a lovely, enjoyable Mother's Day
and were able to enjoy your children in person or by phone!
We had the pleasure of two out of our four kiddos
and we talked, listened to music, enjoyed the outdoors
and ate absolutely delicious food!
Here are a few highlights of the day.....



The table was set with a light summer vibe.....
very casual and colorful.....



Oh my, a gift of new fragrance....one of my favorites....



ooooooo-la-la, this smells divine......



A darling little cottage style planter for the new patio look



Well, summer temps have arrived early this season....
but this means that the pool will be ready this month.....



We are loving the new navy cushions for a color change this year....



It is so enjoyable to just sit, relax and enjoy the sights
and sounds of nature....



I am so excited that everything I have planted is thriving and growing....

Now for the menu ....



The darling did a marvelous job of smoking the chicken thighs....



Barefoot Contessa famous Corn muffins....



Southern BBQ Baked Beans.....



Hash Brown Casserole...a favorite of my boys....



Madison County Fresh Corn Salad...with
cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion...this is SO good.....



Ice cold lemonade.....



Oh honey.....fit for a king! and THE QUEEN!!!!



NOW, you simply must have a special dessert for this special day.....



A scrumptious Southern Living Strawberry Cheesecake!



This was a hit!



I love being their Mom.....such good children!
Hugs to all you wonderful Mother's out there.....
Treasure all the memories you hold dear....


.
















13 comments:

  1. What a great day you had! That food made me hungry! I will look up that recipe for fresh corn salsa! That looks like a perfect spring/summer side dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by today Deanna....I must hop over to see what you have been up to.....hope your Mother's Day was very special for you!

      Delete
  2. Would you be kind enough to share the corn salad recipe. I have googled it and checked Pinterest and have been unable to locate it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking about the salad recipe....look for it on tomorrow's post!

      Delete
  3. Betsy your Mother's Day dinner looked divine!!! We went out for breakfast/brunch at my daughter's favorite spot. Love your blog and the pictures make me hungry, Would love the corn salad recipe. Take care, M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear maxc....thank you for leaving me this sweet comment today...dinner was delish and I think the boys left happy and full! I will certainly publish the corn salad recipe tomorrow! Love you!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, makes me want to cook!

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 09, 2022

    oh Holy Moley! Betsy... you just NEVER disappoint! this post is scrumptious! Every picture!
    and to top if off with my favorite tiny video... I think they're your trademark!... but Miss Mobley...
    and the beauty of your home and family. yup. YOU are what it's all about. Loving Family and making Home as a safe and wonderful place. and the beauty is... you don't take it for granted! do you know how RARE that is!??? well. enough gushing from me. good thing I don't comment every time. LOL. but I DO always read!
    sending you love and a wonderful week ahead. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Tammy....what a LOVE you are! Thank you for such kind, kind words..It means the world to me that you take time to read my blog....I in turn, send you all the love and hugs for being such a lovely friend!

      Delete
  5. Happy Happy Mother's Day to you dear friend!! As usual, your celebration looked marvelous and as always...delicious!! I need to go find that cheesecake recipe!
    All my kiddos were at their homes celebrating my daughter in laws...and you know what?? I didn't have to cook or clean a single thing! In fact, I sent the hubs home from the lake to watch his LSU baseball while I leisurely worked in my gardens at the lake and then floated in my pool most of the afternoon....came home to a huge pot of crawfish with all the extras......a perfect wonderful and relaxing day!!!
    YES..... summertime heat is here!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like a perfect Mother's Day Janey....I was not quite ready for summer temps, but I am ready for some pool time! I hope you post some updates...need to see and hear from you and your lovely family!

      Delete
  6. A perfectly lovely Mother's Day! You are such a gift! To your family and to us.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Linda....I am looking forward to hearing about your Mother's Day...I'm pretty sure it was a lovely day for you! Hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.