November 1, 2021

SPICED MUFFINS and THE NOVEMBER AUTUMN HARVEST TABLESCAPE



Hello November.....oh how we welcome you.....
let's light the candles and sip a cup of spiced tea...
wrap ourselves in a cozy blanket and read a good mystery......


Can you possibly choose a favorite pumpkin?


These plates have such a beautiful watercolor look.....


The perfect appetizer plate......


I am so glad I added this lovely set to my collection.....
can you tell I am a bit obsessed with pumpkin plates?

Autumn Baking Day

Here is a marvelous cozy  muffin recipe for you
that has been one of my favorites for fall over the course of the years...
these muffins are a taste of Autumn featured in one of my
favorite cookbooks, Bayou Cuisine!


You may want to add these to your next festive gathering!


Be sure to include a pretty paper napkin.....
your guests can grab a muffin, along with a seasonal napkin
and take their place around the firepit.......


SPICED MUFFINS~
Bayou Cuisine


SPICED MUFFINS~Bayou Cuisine
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 cup golden raisins
1 cup water
1 egg
1 t. cloves
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 t, baking soda
1/4 t. salt


Put raisins and water in small saucepan and bring to a boil.
Boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
Cream butter, sugar and egg.
Sift soda and spices with flour.
Combine sugar, butter, dry ingredients and soaked raisins, with the remaining water.
Blend gently and distribute in greased muffin tins.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.


Now, for the BIG NEWS..........


Do you know that HomeGoods is now ONLINE?
Yes MA'AM, you can now avoid traffic and crowds
by shopping from home...…and, I was so lucky
to find two pillows from Tommy Bahama I had been
searching for for some tome....I love them.....


The details on both pillows is just so beautiful.......


they are both so beautifully made and much larger
than I anticipated. Now as Martha Stewart always says...
"that's a good thing!"


 

6 comments:

  1. Happy November First! Everything is perfectly lovely at your place! If only there could be a ‘scent’ button to smell those muffins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so look forward to reading your blog posts Linda....you are such an inspiration for living life to the fullest....Happy NOVEMBER love!

      Delete
  2. A new month and a divine new header. Yours are always the best! That is good news about Homegoods. I don't mind going to their store, but I do mind going to the city. There are many unusual people about these days. Very.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vee...I so agree with you....a shopping trip to HomeGoods is always fun, but the stores here are not very close...just try to avoid so much traffic! I hope you have wonderful Thanksgiving plans with family....bet it's getting a tad cold up there..stay warm dear friend!

      Delete
  3. I love your pumpkin plates. And those muffins cups are so cute! After seeing your Linda Nelson Stocks calendar last year, I ordered one. A few months ago, I found a signed and numbered print called My First Halloween at the thrift shop. I googled it and it's worth about $600! I might not have noticed it if I hadn't seen your calendar! I always love your header photos, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ellen....that is simply fantastic! What a treasure you have! That makes me so happy you discovered an artist that you love....maybe you should document that on the back of the print...thank you for sharing today and I wish you a lovely November!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.